Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

30 Days on my CPAP
30 Days on my CPAP
I had been incredibly tired for a long time so my doctor sent me for a sleep study. It turned out that I have sleep apnea (mild on my side and moderate on my back) and ended up with a CPAP.

I got a great deal of great info on this site and told my DME respiratory therapist that I wanted an S9 Autoset. He was awesome and not only said he agreed but that I should ask my doctor for a prescription so he could explain to me how to set a range vs a single setting. I found out how to change it from the web and shortened the time to learn how to do it Thanks

I have now been using my CPAP for the past 30 days (I attached my data from Res Scan to this post) and have been feeling much better. I have pretty much used the CPAP anytime I'm sleeping and my AHI has stayed very low (less than 2). I set a range of 7-15 based on my sleep study number of 14 and I'm glad I did. Looking at my data I am below it most of the time and I have more leaks that wake me up when the pressure gets higher. So I believe I would have had more issues with a steady pressure. I do bump up to the highest pressure so the sleep tech was probably right that 14 was needed if I had to have a steady pressure but it would be unnecessary for most of the time.

Before my CPAP I would take naps everyday and a business trip would absolutely wear me out. Now I am not tired even at bed time (my wife hated hearing me yawn and say I'm tired at 9:30pm each night). I've even had a business trip and took it with me and was perfectly fine on the trip...no sleepiness!

Now for the most important part for my wife......no snoring!! She has actually waken me up a few times to see if I was alive because I'm so quite. Let's just say that she loves my CPAP Grin

I just thought I'd share my story and data to give others newbies hope.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 30 Days on my CPAP
Hi TiredinFL,
CONGRATULATIONS! on your 30 days of CPAP therapy.
Sounds like you are off to a GREAT start.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Looks good. Congrats!
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
Sweet~! We have a winner! Congrats to you for adapting to the machine so quickly.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,207 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 128 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 121 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 205 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 457 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,805 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.