Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

30 day average not updating
30 day average not updating
I changed my pressure to 16 (AHI was a little over 5) in an attempt to "Tweak" the system. After doing so, the 30 day, 7 day and AHI are no longer updating. Did I mess it up or does something prevent it from accumulating after the change? I have a resperonics system One (base model I am sure). Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 30 day average not updating
(03-04-2012, 01:18 PM)swampboy Wrote: I changed my pressure to 16 (AHI was a little over 5) in an attempt to "Tweak" the system. After doing so, the 30 day, 7 day and AHI are no longer updating. Did I mess it up or does something prevent it from accumulating after the change? I have a resperonics system One (base model I am sure). Thanks.

Just downloaded sleepy head and the data is in there but screen just is not updating on machine. My API is much higher than shown on screen too.
Post Reply Post Reply
Swampboy. I can't imagine why you can't get the AHI info back. Are you able to get the "info" screen at all. Isn't that where the AHI averages are located? Could you have possibly inhibited something while tweaking the pressure up to 16?

The pressure setting shouldn't have anything to do with the 7 & 30 average readout. it should give you the averages no matter what the press setting.
Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply
I dont think it is inhibited. Is there a setting that inhibits it?
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 02:47 PM)swampboy Wrote: I dont think it is inhibited. Is there a setting that inhibits it?

If its an average then it may not show untill it has new data as it probably needs at least a week or two for it to work out an average.Thinking-about Worth checking the manual to see if there is any info. You can always check on line to see where yours is or someone on here may have one already. Hope this helpsOkay

Post Reply Post Reply
Try unplugging (wait few mins) and plugging the machine, sometimes it helps.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 03:12 PM)Gazby Wrote:
(03-04-2012, 02:47 PM)swampboy Wrote: I dont think it is inhibited. Is there a setting that inhibits it?

If its an average then it may not show untill it has new data as it probably needs at least a week or two for it to work out an average.Thinking-about

Seems to me Gazby is on to something here... I remember new users having this same issue: since it's an average, the machine doesn't display an average until the averaging period is complete (7 days or 30 days).

Maybe swampboy reset the machine to wipe out all the averages and so it started up a new averaging period?

Thinking-about
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-04-2012, 03:21 PM)zonk Wrote: Try unplugging (wait few mins) and plugging the machine, sometimes it helps.

Yeah, that too... When addressing computer problems with friends and relatives... I always tell them: "re-booting solves 90% of all computer problems". It's usually the first question I ask them when a problem pops up, "Did you re-boot your PC?".

Smile

SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
According to the manual you only have seven and fourteen day averages without the software and Im not sure what that costs but I do have it Wink If this is the case then surely you will have to wait 7 days before you will get any data.
Post Reply Post Reply
Swampboy. I have a System One also, altho the models may be different..
However, if the 7 & 30 day AHI averages were working before, then they should be working again (still) after you changed the pressure. The are not correlated or have anything to do with each other.

From my PR System one Auto A-Flex manual, page 10.>>> The device accumulates individual AHI for each session the patient used the device.
This screen displays the average of these individual nightly AHI values over a 7 day and 30 day time frame (provided the device has at least 7 or 30 days of data respectively). If the device has only 5 days of data to use for the calculation, the 5 day average value will be seen under the 7 day display. <<<

Since you have been using the device for some period of time already, before you bumped it up to 16, there should be data in the device, with which to make a 7 day average and it should be displayed in the "info" screen. The information within the "info" screen cannot be changed by the patient,,,,however the "info" screen itself can be inhibited or enabled by your DME or health care provider. So my question is this?
..do you still have an "info" screen displayed. It should display item such as (status,phone-in, compliance, large leak, AHI, 90% , etc). This screen is invaluable to you and your health care provider. If you possibly inhibited it during your pressure increase, then it should be enabled, either by you or the DME.

IF....and a big one........you hit the ""Reset Data" button while in the provider set-up mode when changing the pressure to 16, then you have erased all 7 & 30 day averages, compliance data, therapy hours and patient information on the device!!!!!

I hope not...

Yesterday is history; Tomorrow is a mystery; Today is a gift; Thats why its called "The Present".  
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Average AHI vs deep sleep stage AHI question BezDuh 4 586 01-24-2024, 12:08 AM
Last Post: CPAPfriend
  AHI total average vs true AHI graphed hourly average Jessher 9 737 10-23-2023, 04:26 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  Average leak readings Weegie 2 1,460 02-20-2023, 10:09 AM
Last Post: Weegie
  Average SpO2 Tryingtobebetter10 2 639 08-06-2022, 07:37 AM
Last Post: Tryingtobebetter10
  [Diagnosis] Average AHI last month of 19.6 - WTF? okniswand 17 1,614 11-25-2021, 03:00 PM
Last Post: hillybilly bear
  What pressure would the average Joe have if hooked up to APAP chris94546 3 712 05-26-2021, 03:59 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Treating apnea with weight loss if of average weight chris94546 9 1,281 10-16-2020, 05:32 PM
Last Post: becker44a

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.