Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

36 nights on APAP - still very poor sleep
RE: 36 nights on APAP - still very poor sleep
@willl
Septoplasty? If you have a deviated septum that is affecting breathing, in addition to sleep apnea, I would think it should be a fairly easy sell for insurance coverage. If no deviated septum, I don't know how it would help?

I had septoplasty about 25 years ago, in addition to sinus surgery, as an attempt to improve breathing and reduce headaches.  Didn't work on that but at least my nose is straight now. (My brother punched me in the nose when I was six) It was a painful recovery but I think mostly due to the work they did in my sinuses.
Post Reply Post Reply
I do have a deviated septum, as well as enlarged turbinates - the respiratory therapist I've been seeing gave me the impression that CPAP was all I "should" need and waved off questions about surgery, but I've been less than impressed with them. I'll get in touch with my primary care doc about seeing an ENT. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
All right, last question for now - do these jagged exhales and deformed inhale peaks point to anything specific I could work on?

That's a random snippet from last night; 5.0/20.0 pressure settings, EPR on. Here's the full report from that night:

Post Reply Post Reply
Those with deviated septum often benefit from a full face mask. Supplier #1 (see the supplier list in black bar above) has ratings and reviews. You can see which are most popular, which presumably means they work for more people. Be aware that reviews are highly subjective - one man's trash is another's pressure. Your respiratory therapist may have some samples you can try for free.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Issues with APAP WWYD FlyingUmbrella683 1 86 03-22-2024, 07:21 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  New APAP machine: Lowenstein Prisma Smart Max Robert Detz 10 363 03-21-2024, 07:58 AM
Last Post: WisNaeMe
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 557 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 161 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  APAP optimization assistance jayed53 9 426 03-14-2024, 03:13 PM
Last Post: jayed53
  srwilsn3's therapy thread | APAP -> BiPAP srwilsn3 34 1,410 03-14-2024, 02:23 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 248 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.