Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

365 DAYS OF DATA
365 DAYS OF DATA
I have an AirSense 10 autoset machine that I have been using OSCAR software with.  I can't get any more than 365 days of data on the card.  Do I have to delete some of the files ?  The card is unlocked in the machine but when I import the data into OSCAR it only goes to December 9, 2019.  It goes back to December 9, 2018.  Anyone have this problem or know how to fix ?  The card is no where near full.  Thanks for your help.

JR
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 365 DAYS OF DATA
I’ve only been on PAP for 3 months but I’m interested in that answer also
Download OSCAR <——— Click
Post Reply Post Reply
that poses an interesting question!  All the data I have seen says the SD card should hold up to a year of data.  But it doesn't tell you what happens after that!  I would speculate and say the machine should be programmed to start deleting some of the older data automatically to make room for newer sessions.  Thre is an "erase all data" function in the machine but would be a rather heavy handed approach.

Any possibility your SD card got currupted somehow?  Or maybe something wrong with your SD card reader for your computer?  Are you able to verify the cards data is there under the DATALOG directory?

I would try getting a new 4GB SDHC card and see if it works.  If you have to format it use FAT-32.

Let us know how this works out for you..... Coffee
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The Resmed S10 machines overwrite data older than one year. You can have a full data-set on OSCAR that goes back as long as you want, but the only way to have more than one year of data on a SD card is to replace the card every year and archive the older one. From a practical point of view, longer retention of CPAP data is not important to our doctors, insurance or suppliers. They rarely look at the data for more than recent compliance.

OSCAR saves a backup of SD data and appends the data when you upload to your computer. That can become a long-term backup.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
So even though you have a 32gb card it will start erasing the beginning of your treatment on day 366? The backup on Oscar is good but I would like a backup on an sd card just in case. Since I started on September 27th of this year I would need to pop in another card on the night of September 26th of next year so my first night doesn’t get written over correct?
Post Reply Post Reply
If you look at the backup structure of the OSCAR backup you will see the DATALOG is organized by year. The size of the SD card makes no difference and can be from 4 to 32 GB and the machine will overwrite data older than one year. Do what you want, but I can't think of a good reason to have a SD card backup of the data.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-25-2019, 09:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The Resmed S10 machines overwrite data older than one year. You can have a full data-set on OSCAR that goes back as long as you want, but the only way to have more than one year of data on a SD card is to replace the card every year and archive the older one.  From a practical point of view, longer retention of CPAP data is not important to our doctors, insurance or suppliers. They rarely look at the data for more than recent compliance.

OSCAR saves a backup of SD data and appends the data when you upload to your computer. That can become a long-term backup.

Thanks for the explanation.  I look at the SD card and there is actually 2 Years of data on it.  I need to get  a new card and start over.  That's the answer I was looking for.
Thanks again.  I will update when I get the new card.
Merry Christmas !!!
Post Reply Post Reply
I think the reference to 365 days of data refers to the summary data stored internally in the machine in the absence of an SD card. I have two SD cards from my machine which each have more than 365 days of summary and detailed data. I don't believe the AS10 machines erase any data from the SD card until it gets full, which I have not let mine.

This doesn't solve the OP's problem with missing recent data. I suggest checking the the DATALOG folder on the SD card, which contains a folder for each day. The names are formed like 'yyyymmdd' so the most recent ones should be 20191222, 20191223, and 20191224 - and possibly 20191225. The files inside each folder will have names that look like the date and time with some additional characters, and the file extensions will be .edf and .crc. If those are not there, either the SD card was indeed locked or the card writing hardware is faulty. If the folders are there, please report back here, and I will try to think up more questions to attempt to resolve your problem.
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m old school sleeprider, there may be a backup on the hard drive and cloud but I still want a physical copy so to speak. Think of it as how movies are all digital now but I still want the actual disc. Same with music. It may be on my phone but I still want the disc.
Post Reply Post Reply
I’m going to purchase a new SD Card tomorrow and see if the card is corrupted. If the card is not bad it’s possibly the machine’s writing capabilities. I will report back.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Löwenstein-Prisma sd card increase days k.mooijman 0 24 Yesterday, 02:32 PM
Last Post: k.mooijman
Question OK TO IMPORT SLEEP DATA FROM OLD SD CARD INTO OSCAR W/O MESSING UP CURRENT DATA? Plmnb 3 240 03-29-2024, 11:02 AM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Viatom/WellUE data is different than OSCAR displayed data GordK 3 327 02-23-2024, 04:48 PM
Last Post: GordK
  Data structure / data definition of AirSense 11 CD, CMSd50+ or OSCAR?hing obvious, … Perickson 4 1,685 02-18-2024, 01:49 PM
Last Post: Perickson
  Löwenstein Prisma Soft - missing days bstabens 6 780 11-26-2023, 01:12 PM
Last Post: bstabens
Question How export all days for oximeter (O2 Ring) data only (no CPAP) ? DavidEsp 10 2,544 11-12-2023, 09:18 AM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  Changed data directory from OneDrive, Now can't read data Rich66 9 1,082 08-24-2023, 11:32 PM
Last Post: Rich66

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.