Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4 days into CPAP...is it helping? AHI way too high? 26 on day one, still at 13.79!
RE: 4 days into CPAP...is it helping? AHI way too high? 26 on day one, still at 13.79!
Thanks for the advice. I'm going to need all I can get since I don't think my dr. is an expert on CPAP therapy. I'm trying to attach a screenshot of my results but having some trouble getting the file small enough. I'm confused about the mask leakage thing. When I upload my data the message box tells me I have major mask leakage, but on the actual statistics it shows zero in one spot. The shot I'm trying to attach shows the leakage graph and the pressure graph to be pretty close to one another.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4 days into CPAP...is it helping? AHI way too high? 26 on day one, still at 13.79!
Hey jen, the image is a bit small to view. Try this tutorial http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...pnea_Board
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Huge amount of central apneas near the end, dunno if that's "wake sleep junk" or not.
Post Reply Post Reply
Apparently I can't put clickable links because I'm too new and haven't posted much. Was trying to put a better screenshot.
Post Reply Post Reply
One more post and you will be able to post clickable links. Post a response, wait 20 minutes and try again. The criteria to moving from New Member to Member was recently changed from 8 to 4 posts.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(06-19-2016, 07:39 PM)Weird Tolkienish Figure Wrote: Huge amount of central apneas near the end, dunno if that's "wake sleep junk" or not.

I would guess that is the case. The biggest problem with Jen61 is the minimum pressure which is set to 4.0 The Dreamstation Auto is simply incapable of responding fast enough to prevent the numerous obstructive apnea, hypopnea, flow limitation and snores through the night. From the looks of the graph, the minimum APAP pressure probably needs to be in the 9-10 cm range, and may be higher. That would by my suggestion at this point.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The suggestion here to up your starting pressure to 2cm below your 90% pressure, was a good one. Last night I got 7 hours of sleep with an AHI under 2. Feel positively amazing this morning. One problem with this advice is that the pressure is a lot to take. I have found you can set the minimum to a point, then use the RAMP to get up to that pressure if it keep you awake.
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't know if I can set the pressure myself or have to have my "behind the scenes" technician do it. I thought she may have done it because when I went to bed last night, it started at 10, which was way too much pressure to start with, so I hit the ramp button and it lowered it down to 4. I didn't think the "ramp" button was operational before. But when I tested it this morning after being off, it started at 4 as it did before.
Post Reply Post Reply
jen61,
You can order the Clinicians manual for your machine. This way you will be able to check on the pressure settings and change if needed.
http://www.apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-pr...tup-manual
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Okay I'm going to try to upload a screenshot again. This is from last night. Pop up box at the beginning told me my AHI was "horrible" and that my mask is leaking way too much.
[Image: WXd9CE6l.png]
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Not Sure if Setting Changes Helping - Help Appreciated! WiscoKate 6 148 03-25-2024, 11:54 AM
Last Post: WiscoKate
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 124 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 688 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 104 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 116 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,412 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  CPAP not helping with sleep. Cheyne-Stokes or PB? BigBobulous 3 177 03-11-2024, 06:42 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.