Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4 nights on therapy and events are increasing?
4 nights on therapy and events are increasing?
I think I figured out how to post SleepyHead screen shots. So far every night my AHI has gone up. I was told to concentrate on leaks and compliance and those things are going well. I am concerned about the clusters of open airway events. These events are during the time when I am fairly certain I was asleep. I don't think I have the number of events as indicated as a few were when getting settled in or after a bathroom trip.
Any help appreciated?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4 nights on therapy and events are increasing?
Wont allow me to post the other screen shot

Post Reply Post Reply
If you are still awake tonight, don't worry about the centrals. You will get more feedback tomorrow and you don't have an alarming number of them. If they are real, they don't change that quickly so you will be about the same after tonight.
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 02:08 AM)PoolQ Wrote: If you are still awake tonight, don't worry about the centrals. You will get more feedback tomorrow and you don't have an alarming number of them. If they are real, they don't change that quickly so you will be about the same after tonight.

Did you look at both of the screen shots? I'm a little confused. You are saying the change should happen but will happen more slowly? I'm adapting so if I just need to give it more time I will.
I'm hoping for more responses for reassurance.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is how I read it (I am not a doc, nor even an expert on CA): You had some CA in your sleep study IIRC, but they were not at a clinically significant value at that time 20 some for the entire test night (?). On CPAP, you are having CA while sleeping to a level that *is* clinically significant, but not horribly so. (AHI from CA is > 5)

Some people have CA in response to pressure, especially if they are already inclined to CA. For a majority of those, after becoming acclimatized to the pressure, this symptom subsides. Sometimes it doesn't, or even begins to worsen - in that case, an ASV may be indicated. IMO, you should give the machine you have several weeks before deciding it will not do; ASV is more complicated, more expensive, and yet another level of assistance to acclimatize to, as if you do not breathe, it will force air into you.
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
for posting images, attachments have a limit (size, number) but you can link to images on sites like imgur with no limit.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=22
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 02:39 PM)DariaVader Wrote: This is how I read it (I am not a doc, nor even an expert on CA): You had some CA in your sleep study IIRC, but they were not at a clinically significant value at that time 20 some for the entire test night (?). On CPAP, you are having CA while sleeping to a level that *is* clinically significant, but not horribly so. (AHI from CA is > 5)

Some people have CA in response to pressure, especially if they are already inclined to CA. For a majority of those, after becoming acclimatized to the pressure, this symptom subsides. Sometimes it doesn't, or even begins to worsen - in that case, an ASV may be indicated. IMO, you should give the machine you have several weeks before deciding it will not do; ASV is more complicated, more expensive, and yet another level of assistance to acclimatize to, as if you do not breathe, it will force air into you.
Great. This is the advice I was hoping to get!
(12-07-2015, 02:43 PM)DariaVader Wrote: for posting images, attachments have a limit (size, number) but you can link to images on sites like imgur with no limit.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=22
Gotcha.

Post Reply Post Reply
I would be curious to see your flow limitation graph. I'm wondering if you are having pressure induced CAs or whether you may have a CA condition which needs another type machine such as an ASV.
Coffee

Happy Pappin'
Never Give In, Never Give Up

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. 
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-07-2015, 08:59 PM)sonicboom Wrote: I would be curious to see your flow limitation graph. I'm wondering if you are having pressure induced CAs or whether you may have a CA condition which needs another type machine such as an ASV.

I have observed one of the lines go really flat right before the CA. Not sure if that is the flow limitation graph or not. I have sleepy head powered down for the night. Will check and post tomorrow.
Post Reply Post Reply
When you first came to ApneaBoard and posted your sleep study results I told you that your study showed mixed CA and OA events and that if the CA events continued, or got worse, you would need to speak to a doctor about a different approach to therapy...ASV http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...#pid138712

That time has come. Your study showed the likelihood that complex apnea might be a problem. Your machine data confirms that it in fact is a problem above acceptable levels. It might be possible to limit pressure, and play with EPR, but these are compromises to the best treatment for complex apnea, which is ASV.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  WW4B Therapy thread WW4B 49 4,068 Yesterday, 04:31 PM
Last Post: WW4B
  Therapy Help - Possible UARS - REM jkossis 8 165 Yesterday, 02:09 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Therapy help rekaviv 9 254 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: rekaviv
  Trying to Reduce CA Events chrotteg 10 351 03-26-2024, 11:08 PM
Last Post: chrotteg
  IanD - Therapy Thread IanD 28 2,264 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: IanD
  MrIvanDrago - CPAP|Bi-PAP Therapy Journey MrIvanDrago 67 3,357 03-26-2024, 01:22 PM
Last Post: MrIvanDrago
  [Treatment] Clear airway / central apnea events -- causes and solutions? mitzvahtime 6 2,399 03-25-2024, 04:10 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.