Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4 weeks in...
4 weeks in...
After 4 weeks I have to say I feel terrible, if I was not so sleep depraved I would be angry...lol

Got my sleeping position good now, on my back, pillows under hips on each side, bolster under knees...I am not turning at all. I am still on the P10 pillows, with chin strap. Woke twice last night, fell back to sleep OK.

Mask came loose just from moving head a little. Over 10 hours sleep, dry mouth, and major fatigue.

Looking forward to trying the Nuance mask this week.

Am seeing regular doc tomorrow, will see what she has to say about feeling this bad on "therapy" :-)

One night at a time...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4 weeks in...
I'd recommend that you get Sleepyhead or other software working for you ASAP. Dry mouth suggests that you may have mouth leakage which is impairing your CPAP keeping your airway open, so you're still suffering from sleep apnea.

The flow data which provides apnea detection, leak data etc. that your CPAP (if it's one of the more capable models) should be recording will give your doc and the knowledgeable folks on this board the information you need.

Please remove the water chamber from the humidifier before flipping your machine upside down to find the machine specifics. Please update your profile with that information, then check out Robysue's guide to Sleepyhead at
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...Discussion
and we'll move forward. Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
I am about half way through the 8 week trial period, so right now all my data is sent by modem to the outfit that are dealing with me...
They say I have minimal leaks, but I see then this week again and will ask for specific data...

I have downloaded Sleepyhead on mac and windows machines, I am getting familiar with the interface so that when I have my own machine I can see what is happening for myself...

I am using a chin strap, I also have a night guard to stop teeth grinding, so some "closure" issues there for sure...

Stephen
Post Reply Post Reply
horrible night, took of mask after 4 hours laying there staring at the ceiling...

This is not working, I need to sleep....

Going to ask doc for sleeping meds today, not going back on machine this week...I am the walking dead, and I have to care give for my wife....

wish I had never seen the foul machine....CrazyCrazy

Stephen the zombie
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2014, 11:08 AM)StephenR Wrote: Got my sleeping position good now, on my back, pillows under hips on each side, bolster under knees...I am not turning at all. I am still on the P10 pillows, with chin strap. Woke twice last night, fell back to sleep OK.

Stephen

(07-21-2014, 10:40 AM)StephenR Wrote: horrible night, took of mask after 4 hours laying there staring at the ceiling...

Stephen, why are you doing this? What is "good" about your sleeping position if you don't get to go to sleep? If you can't make the P10 work, then by all means find something that will. Probably a nasal or full face mask.

Do you sleep on your back when you're not using a mask? If not, why are you trying to do that now?

I'm probably missing something, but man, it just sounds like you are working way too hard.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 10:53 AM)retired_guy Wrote:
(07-20-2014, 11:08 AM)StephenR Wrote: Got my sleeping position good now, on my back, pillows under hips on each side, bolster under knees...I am not turning at all. I am still on the P10 pillows, with chin strap. Woke twice last night, fell back to sleep OK.

Stephen

(07-21-2014, 10:40 AM)StephenR Wrote: horrible night, took of mask after 4 hours laying there staring at the ceiling...

Stephen, why are you doing this? What is "good" about your sleeping position if you don't get to go to sleep? If you can't make the P10 work, then by all means find something that will. Probably a nasal or full face mask.

Do you sleep on your back when you're not using a mask? If not, why are you trying to do that now?

I'm probably missing something, but man, it just sounds like you are working way too hard.

hi RT...

I have a chronic muscle tear in my right arm, I need to stay off it as much as I can, sleeping on my back was my best try...Have given that up...as of 1:30 am this morning...

I will be seeing sleep tech on Wednesday, will discuss mask issues...

Thanks for the feedback...

Stephen the zombie

Post Reply Post Reply
(07-20-2014, 11:08 AM)StephenR Wrote: After 4 weeks I have to say I feel terrible, if I was not so sleep depraved I would be angry...lol

Got my sleeping position good now, on my back, pillows under hips on each side, bolster under knees...I am not turning at all. I am still on the P10 pillows, with chin strap. Woke twice last night, fell back to sleep OK.

Mask came loose just from moving head a little. Over 10 hours sleep, dry mouth, and major fatigue.

Methinks you are working TOO HARD on staying absolutely still. And that effort to remain absolutely motionless is adding to your frustration and may be a major part of why you are not getting to sleep which is expressed in this post:

Question: What was your favorite sleeping position pre-CPAP? If it was NOT on your back, you need to find a way to make your favorite position more mask friendly.

Next: If a mask is working for you, you should be able to move around without triggering leaks. If slight movements trigger leaks, there's something wrong: Perhaps the mask is the wrong size. Perhaps you've not fitted the mask correctly. Or perhaps the mask just isn't suited for your particular head.

The P10 is a mask that has almost NO ability to "custom" fit since it has a one-size fits all headgear with NO adjustments beyond the spacing of the two back straps. And what this means is that the mask either fits a person really well or really poorly. And if the P10 happens to fit your particular head really poorly, there's not much you can do to try to make it fit better because of the lack of adjustments.

And so you really should be looking at alternate masks. If you want to look at minimal nasal pillows masks, the Nuance might be better. Or you might look into the Swift FX. But since you are still having dry mouth issues with the chin strap, you may need to look into full face masks.
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks Robysue...

I have pretty much given up with the P10...I usually sleep on one side or the other, with brief forays on to my back. As you said the P10 either fits or not, I have a small, narrow head for a man, so I think the Nuance may work for me as it is adjustable, tried the Wisp, but it left deep red welts on my nose...other than that maybe a FFM...not to keen to go there...

Anyway, taking a couple of nights off, birthday tomorrow, sleep to night with the help of meds...

Thanks again...

Stephen the zombie
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 11:24 AM)StephenR Wrote: Anyway, taking a couple of nights off, birthday tomorrow, sleep to night with the help of meds...
What meds?

When were they originally prescribed? Pre-CPAP or post-CPAP?
Questions about SleepyHead?  
See my Guide to SleepyHead
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-21-2014, 12:04 PM)robysue Wrote:
(07-21-2014, 11:24 AM)StephenR Wrote: Anyway, taking a couple of nights off, birthday tomorrow, sleep to night with the help of meds...
What meds?

When were they originally prescribed? Pre-CPAP or post-CPAP?

I was tested June 15, got the machine June 26....

Zypoclone, nice non addictive...just for a night or two...

Stephen

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 133 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 321 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,504 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 672 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  [Pressure] I just started apap therapy 3 weeks ago and I feel worse.Should I change settings? AndreiChivu 1 324 02-03-2024, 08:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] 5-6 Weeks into CPAP Therapy, Sleep Getting Worse of Late SleepyLP 17 914 01-16-2024, 06:32 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  3 Weeks in the World of APAP MaskedOne 2 312 01-16-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: MaskedOne

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.