Route67 Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: S9 AutoSet
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Resmed
Humidifier: Resmed
CPAP Pressure: Auto
CPAP Software: SleepyHead Other Software

Other Comments: On CPAP for 2 years, still can't sleep. Edit; make that 4 years now, still can't sleep.

Sex: Male

RE: 4 years, still feel like garbage
OK, I had success with the software, I cancelled the firewall on my Norton for a few minutes and was able to download the latest version of Sleepyhead.

Now, who reads it for us? Here is an attachment, if you guys need it bigger I can do that too.

Thank You!

http://imgur.com/0zn6psp

Attached File(s) Thumbnail(s)

05-21-2016 09:51 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
green wings Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics System One RemStar Pro (460)
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: integrated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 13.0 cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: using CPAP since Jan. 2016

Sex: Undisclosed

So it looks like you need to put the missing DLL file on your computer. You can use this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tip...ter-error/

or do a search for the file name if you want to look at other places you can download it.
05-21-2016 09:52 AM
DeepBreathing Offline
Wiki Editor
Moderators

Machine: Resmed S9 VPAP Adapt
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: F&P Simplus
Humidifier: Resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: EPAP: 9 - 15 PS: 3 - 10
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(05-21-2016 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote:  So I went with the old version and got this. Perfect.

3 reinstalls get me the same error every time. Will keep trying.

That's a known problem with the older version, which I believe has been fixed in the latest edition (which Norton won't let you install). Personally I'd get rid of Norton (and Macafee) and give Viper a go. It's cheaper than either of them and does a much better job.

To overcome the missing dll problem, just follow the instructions about half way down the download page:

Windows Users: Missing DLL Files?
If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package" available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40784 Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".

Hope this helps. I know when you're having a bad trot every step seems to be just one more unnecessary frustration. But hang in there - I'm sure once we see some real data we'll be able to help overcome some of your apnea problems.

DeepBreathing
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Bed

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-21-2016 09:53 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Route67 Offline

Preferred Members

Other Comments: On CPAP for 2 years, still can't sleep. Edit; make that 4 years now, still can't sleep.

(05-21-2016 09:41 AM)Sleepster Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 07:12 AM)Route67 Wrote:  She even adjusted the bottom pressure number downward to 10 minimum because she felt like 12 was too much. 16 is the max.

I suggest you find another doctor who is willing to treat your insomnia. Someone who specializes in CPAP therapy.

Well, this doctor works at my local sleep clinic and at the only hospital in town; heck, I wouldn't even know where else to find a sleep doctor around here. But for sure her attitude seems pretty cavalier; as in, Oh well, you're waking up after 5 hours every night, at least you don't have nocturia anymore!

But this is no way to live, tired literally all the time. I seriously thought using the CPAP would be the answer and I have heard so many success stories; I am willing to use it every night and my stats will show I am very faithful with it, but getting absolutely zero benefits is super-frustrating.
05-21-2016 09:55 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Read a little farther down on the older version page:

Windows Users: Missing DLL Files?
If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package"

Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".

I see Deepbreathing answered it already...

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 09:58 AM by justMongo.)
05-21-2016 09:56 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Route67 Offline

Preferred Members

(05-21-2016 09:53 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:  
(05-21-2016 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote:  So I went with the old version and got this. Perfect.

3 reinstalls get me the same error every time. Will keep trying.

Hope this helps. I know when you're having a bad trot every step seems to be just one more unnecessary frustration. But hang in there - I'm sure once we see some real data we'll be able to help overcome some of your apnea problems.

Was able to work with the latest version after disabling Norton for a while......results are posted above.

By the way.....the "hours used per night" is deceptive because oftentimes I just lie there for a half hour or an hour trying to sleep more......I work from home so I don't need to wake up at any given time and I never set an alarm, I just wake up when I am ready. But I usually lie there and try my best to squeeze in another hour or so, with the mask on; but not sleeping. The sleep is usually all over after 5.5 hours, max. Would LOVE to get 8, or even 7.

Thank You!
(This post was last modified: 05-21-2016 10:00 AM by Route67.)
05-21-2016 09:56 AM
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Well done. We amateurs help you to understand the results.
OK, you posted a Statistics page.
Try posting the "daily page": with the pie graph on the left and graphs on the right:
Most useful graphs: Flow, Pressure, Event Flags, Leak Rate, Flow limitation.

Also well done on posting to imgur. The attachment method has limited resolution.

05-21-2016 10:37 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
green wings Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Respironics System One RemStar Pro (460)
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10
Humidifier: integrated humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 13.0 cm
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments: using CPAP since Jan. 2016

Sex: Undisclosed

Don't worry, I don't think anyone here would assume that you're asleep just because the machine is running. Lots of us have dealt with insomnia or broken sleep.

How long have you been using your current mask? I see large leaks mentioned in the report you posted.
05-21-2016 10:45 AM
OpalRose Offline

Monitors

Machine: PR System One REMstar Auto 560 with A Flex
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 For Her
Humidifier: REMStar heated humidifier with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: Auto Cpap 10-13 AFLEX 1
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments: Started CPAP Therapy October 23, 2014

Sex: Female

Your AHI is very good. Most of it is Clear Airways. You may want to try turning EPR from 2 to a setting of 1 or off completely unless you feel you need it to breath out against the pressure.

Your leak rate is a little on the high side. Do you mouth breath? If so, you may need a chin strap. If you mask is ill fitting, try mask liners. A mask that leaks can cause you to wake up numerous times.

If you could post a screen shot like this below, it would give us a little more to look at.
[attachment=2473]

OpalRose
05-21-2016 10:55 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
Phill Offline

Preferred Members

Machine: ResMed S9 Auto Set
Mask Make & Model: ResMed AirFit F10
Humidifier: ResMed H5i, with heated hose
CPAP Pressure: unsure
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments:

(05-21-2016 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote:  4 or 5 hours of sleep is not only bad for you, it's dangerous too;

It's not really a problem as I take the mask off and then get a couple of hours decent sleep.Dielaughing
05-21-2016 11:04 AM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  First time Bipap User, years of suffering SleepyMersim 18 627 11-16-2016 11:46 PM
Last Post: Galactus
  Haven't used my CPAP in several years chrisd467 10 617 11-02-2016 09:57 PM
Last Post: Sleepster
  1 night off of cpap.....feel great! duece12345 6 519 10-31-2016 08:55 AM
Last Post: robysue
  I Feel So Dumb - Climateline Hose Violetskyye 14 835 10-08-2016 11:15 PM
Last Post: Violetskyye
  was diagnosed with apnea 10 years ago.... last sleep study came back negative LB1982 13 1,074 10-08-2016 07:34 PM
Last Post: lab rat
  New AHI Low but Didn't Feel That Great holden4th 1 266 09-09-2016 04:59 AM
Last Post: DeepBreathing
  I have gained 10 lbs and I never feel rested on cpap Lalae 18 1,031 09-08-2016 05:59 PM
Last Post: doll