Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4 years, still feel like garbage
RE: 4 years, still feel like garbage
OK, I had success with the software, I cancelled the firewall on my Norton for a few minutes and was able to download the latest version of Sleepyhead.

Now, who reads it for us? Here is an attachment, if you guys need it bigger I can do that too.

Thank You!

http://imgur.com/0zn6psp

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
So it looks like you need to put the missing DLL file on your computer. You can use this link: http://www.addictivetips.com/windows-tip...ter-error/

or do a search for the file name if you want to look at other places you can download it.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote: So I went with the old version and got this. Perfect.

3 reinstalls get me the same error every time. Will keep trying.

That's a known problem with the older version, which I believe has been fixed in the latest edition (which Norton won't let you install). Personally I'd get rid of Norton (and Macafee) and give Viper a go. It's cheaper than either of them and does a much better job.

To overcome the missing dll problem, just follow the instructions about half way down the download page:

Windows Users: Missing DLL Files?
If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package" available at http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/...x?id=40784 Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".

Hope this helps. I know when you're having a bad trot every step seems to be just one more unnecessary frustration. But hang in there - I'm sure once we see some real data we'll be able to help overcome some of your apnea problems.

Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 09:41 AM)Sleepster Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 07:12 AM)Route67 Wrote: She even adjusted the bottom pressure number downward to 10 minimum because she felt like 12 was too much. 16 is the max.

I suggest you find another doctor who is willing to treat your insomnia. Someone who specializes in CPAP therapy.

Well, this doctor works at my local sleep clinic and at the only hospital in town; heck, I wouldn't even know where else to find a sleep doctor around here. But for sure her attitude seems pretty cavalier; as in, Oh well, you're waking up after 5 hours every night, at least you don't have nocturia anymore!

But this is no way to live, tired literally all the time. I seriously thought using the CPAP would be the answer and I have heard so many success stories; I am willing to use it every night and my stats will show I am very faithful with it, but getting absolutely zero benefits is super-frustrating.
Post Reply Post Reply
Read a little farther down on the older version page:

Windows Users: Missing DLL Files?
If you get a message something like "MSVCR120.dll is missing," you need to install the "Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package"

Explanation: Some versions of Windows do not have all the necessary files. These files need to be installed with Microsoft's installer, at the link above. The missing files may not always be "MSVCR120.dll", but it will be something similar starting with "MSV" and ending with ".dll".

I see Deepbreathing answered it already...
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 09:53 AM)DeepBreathing Wrote:
(05-21-2016, 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote: So I went with the old version and got this. Perfect.

3 reinstalls get me the same error every time. Will keep trying.

Hope this helps. I know when you're having a bad trot every step seems to be just one more unnecessary frustration. But hang in there - I'm sure once we see some real data we'll be able to help overcome some of your apnea problems.

Was able to work with the latest version after disabling Norton for a while......results are posted above.

By the way.....the "hours used per night" is deceptive because oftentimes I just lie there for a half hour or an hour trying to sleep more......I work from home so I don't need to wake up at any given time and I never set an alarm, I just wake up when I am ready. But I usually lie there and try my best to squeeze in another hour or so, with the mask on; but not sleeping. The sleep is usually all over after 5.5 hours, max. Would LOVE to get 8, or even 7.

Thank You!
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done. We amateurs help you to understand the results.
OK, you posted a Statistics page.
Try posting the "daily page": with the pie graph on the left and graphs on the right:
Most useful graphs: Flow, Pressure, Event Flags, Leak Rate, Flow limitation.

Also well done on posting to imgur. The attachment method has limited resolution.

Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Don't worry, I don't think anyone here would assume that you're asleep just because the machine is running. Lots of us have dealt with insomnia or broken sleep.

How long have you been using your current mask? I see large leaks mentioned in the report you posted.
Post Reply Post Reply
Your AHI is very good. Most of it is Clear Airways. You may want to try turning EPR from 2 to a setting of 1 or off completely unless you feel you need it to breath out against the pressure.

Your leak rate is a little on the high side. Do you mouth breath? If so, you may need a chin strap. If you mask is ill fitting, try mask liners. A mask that leaks can cause you to wake up numerous times.

If you could post a screen shot like this below, it would give us a little more to look at.
[attachment=2473]
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-21-2016, 09:40 AM)Route67 Wrote: 4 or 5 hours of sleep is not only bad for you, it's dangerous too;

It's not really a problem as I take the mask off and then get a couple of hours decent sleep.Dielaughing

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Low AHI but still feel tired everyday Abhi 3 181 11 hours ago
Last Post: Abhi
  Feel like my CPAP machine is killing me jimbob123 1 86 Yesterday, 05:42 AM
Last Post: Rich66
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 118 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  CPAP making me feel very tense while I'm asleep jlpool 15 827 03-16-2024, 05:34 PM
Last Post: jlpool
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 324 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 176 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,013 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.