Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

418P diagnose and troubleshooting help
418P diagnose and troubleshooting help
Have a Mallinckrodt 418P. I think it's an autopap. Been using it for 11 years off and on without much of a problem. Last night though it started acting up delivering way to much pressure and then the pump backed off to nothing. This cycle (~20 sec on/off) kept going for maybe 20 minutes. Power cycled it to see if it was a computer issue and finally bagged it. Did a google search with the model number as a key word. Is Mallinckrodt still in DME?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 418P diagnose and troubleshooting help
I think your stuck with a dead dinosaur. The advances in technology have left that machine in the museum.

BTW -- are you from Australia? The phrase: "bagged it" -- I have only heard that from an Aussie.
Admin Note:
JustMongo passed away in August 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 418P diagnose and troubleshooting help
Hi David Giroux,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I'm not familiar with that particular machine. It sounds like it has been an oldie, but goody. I think at this point, you would be better served by the newer technology in CPAP machines. You might check out this link for information on which machines are good and which ones to avoid: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices
Much success to you as you continue your CPAP therapy and on your machine decision.
Hang in there for more responses to your post.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Diagnosis] Best Sleep Hospital or Clinic for Troubleshooting PAP Perchance2Dream 1 459 04-13-2024, 09:56 AM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Diagnose with Mild to Moderate Obstructive Sleep Apnea. But Symptom is wrost. ketanerp 10 1,220 09-17-2022, 10:53 AM
Last Post: ketanerp
Gross New user, need troubleshooting help mnemosyne138 1 427 07-25-2022, 10:12 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Using a CPAP to diagnose OSA/UARS? JezzaC95 3 716 07-12-2022, 03:52 AM
Last Post: srlevine1
  [Treatment] Troubleshooting CPAP (VPAP) TiredAt8000 7 865 06-05-2022, 01:48 AM
Last Post: Peach25
  Please help me diagnose this ResMed AirSense 10 AutoSet noise - YouTube link added UncollapseMeThroat 28 6,062 03-18-2022, 07:12 PM
Last Post: Sunnyside
  Need help troubleshooting. AHI was once under control and has now gone haywire. Mindbullets 4 757 06-03-2021, 04:02 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.