Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

$45 Tip to Sleep Doc.
RE: $45 Tip to Sleep Doc.
Did your sleep test show you actually had CAs??? Alot of stuff can show up as CA flagged by the machine that arent.
I still have the occasional CA, nothing to do with pressure. Alot of that is simply your brain and cardio trying to get back in sync concerning O2 levels in the blood after it being disrupted by SA for a period of time before Cpap.

Not a doc but unless your sleep study when your brain waves were being monitered showed you had CAs that is probably all it is.
Your brain senses more O2 than its used too and says ok to much o2 we dont need to breathe.

Then lower 02 blood hits its triggers and it goes ooops breathe. And you do. So your probably not being O2 starved by those CAs. I get em when I know im awake and turned over, didnt breathe as soon as the machine thought I should and it will flag one after pulsing my airway.

I dont get as many as you are though. And yours could be pressue induced. But as another said you need to get the min max spread narrowed first to clear the OAs which are cutting your o2.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the replies. Last night was not a good night to base anything on, really. Did not sleep well initially. Sounded like Darth Vader, until I realized the EPR was still set at 3, and was dropping way too much for 8 minimum. Moved it to 1, so when I got up to the 14 range I would get some relief. Was able to have mask a little looser; less pressure, but mask could not handle being bumped when on side. Just got a climateline hose,(thanks, Pugsy), but it is heavier, and I will need to hang it, cause it is hanging off side of bed. Need to do some overall tweeking before screenshots will help.
Post Reply Post Reply
keep in mind it is also very difficult to ascertain whether changes are working in a single night. You should make your changes and then record a week of data to see the effects and get a coarse tuning, then make a change and record another week. In this fashion you'll be able to have some evidence of what is or isn't working.
If everyone thinks alike, then someone isn't thinking.
Everyone knows something, together we could know everything.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correct me if I am wrong saltydawg2 but aren't you currently at 14cm continuous with EPR=3 ?

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
(12-10-2014, 01:46 PM)PaytonA Wrote: Correct me if I am wrong saltydawg2 but aren't you currently at 14cm continuous with EPR=3 ?

He adjusted to 8-14 and EPR 3, then lowered EPR to 1 based on what I read in the thread, so I believe currently APAP 8-14 EPR 1.
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok, no prob. I guess what I saw on the charts is out of date. Sorry, did not mean to jump in the middle but it looked like things might have been headed the wrong way. Carry on, chaps, eh.

Admin Note:
PaytonA passed away in September 2017
Click HERE to read his Memorial Thread

~ Rest in Peace ~
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks, guys. Not really planning on any additional changes for awhile, just didn't want anyone contributing think I had hung up on them. Just changed settings last night, after visit with Doc. No new info worth sharing. One think I mentioned to Doc was I had an actual dream a couple of weeks ago. He liked that, then his eyes glazed over, again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Changed my mind. Here are the results from last night. So off the wall almost funny. That's why I initially decided not to show them.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi there, It seems quite obvious though from those numbers that the pressure is too low for you. The machine is topping out at 14 and you needed a higher pressure. That's my opinion from the flags and the pressure rises. If I were you I would turn the top end up to 20, and leave the bottom end at 8-9, and see if that doesn't help you.

You should also list the days min max and ahi pie chart from the stats page, it would be helpful.
Post Reply Post Reply
It's obvious that 14 cm isn't cutting it so you should let the machine have its head and see where it leads. Set it for 18 or even max it out at 20 for a test run and let's see how that goes. You should probably turn up the min a couple notches too. I'd say 10 min and 18 max for a test run. You may need even higher but I hesitate to crank it up fully since the leaks may get too high to make the data useful.

edit: oops, doubled with Galactus so it looks like we agree mostly, you need more pressure.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  [Diagnosis] Sleep deprivation vs sleep apnea - my therapy thread JRNfromAZ 2 808 08-01-2023, 02:43 PM
Last Post: JRNfromAZ
  Sleep apnea and CPAP use and it’s effect on HRV and Sleep Quaility tinyobject 1 1,012 01-21-2023, 10:37 AM
Last Post: Jay51
  Random nights of short sleep due to several days mounting to too much sleep? CorruptAlligator 2 684 10-19-2022, 09:04 PM
Last Post: Lucid
  Home sleep test vs. sleep study at clinic rikkitikkitavi 14 3,202 02-18-2022, 08:46 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.