Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

$4500 for this ??
RE: $4500 for this ??
(03-18-2013, 10:00 AM)Labrat0116 Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 07:58 AM)Shastzi Wrote: For me, money does talk. It says: "Good Bye!"

Smile
No doubt!

I "may" be in luck. That DME was NOT in my Insurance's Network. I'm hoping to get a machine through a Network Provider. Hopefully, there will be no out of pocket costs. Cool

The more likely scenario is that the insurance will kick in a major portion of the cost and you will be left with a small (not $4,500.00) copay.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 10:00 AM)Labrat0116 Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 07:58 AM)Shastzi Wrote: For me, money does talk. It says: "Good Bye!"

Smile
No doubt!

I "may" be in luck. That DME was NOT in my Insurance's Network. I'm hoping to get a machine through a Network Provider. Hopefully, there will be no out of pocket costs. Cool

I found the Ministry of Health (sounds Orwellian and to a point it is) guidelines and for a new VPAP they would pay in Canadian, $3333.33 I kid you not. So anything above that would be my responsibility.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-18-2013, 11:39 AM)PollCat Wrote:
(03-18-2013, 10:00 AM)Labrat0116 Wrote: Hopefully, there will be no out of pocket costs. Cool

Highly unlikely unless you are old enough to be on Medicare.
After several more hours of research, this appears to be the case. I'm liable for 20% of the costs. Seems most local DMEs are reluctant to give out their bottom dollar cost on the machines as well.

It's all about soaking the Insurance companies for all the can get.

aka G-R-E-E-D.

Post Reply Post Reply
Actually the Insurance companies are the ones soaking US.

Rule #1 in business.

Insurance companies *never lose money*.

Rule #2.
If you see an example where the above is not true, see Rule #1.

"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
Also true of medical equipment suppliers and providers. They live on an island. The rest of us have put up with stock market crashes, devalued IRA's, unemployment, bailouts, higher taxes, and so on.

Through it all the medical equipment suppliers and providers have continued to prosper on their isolated island.
Sleepster

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Should we storm the island with sythes, pitchforks and torches?

Smile
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply
I wish we could!

Lolabove
Sleepster

Post Reply Post Reply
Says Ohio. Rgiht under his name and c-pap info.
Post Reply Post Reply
I may get lucky soon..... Might be able to obtain the equipment through the VA with no out-of-pocket costs. The wheels are turning ever so slowly.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hang in there Labrat. Sooner or later your ship will come in. Wink

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.