Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4th Sleep Study may be a charm
4th Sleep Study may be a charm
Went to a new sleep Doc at the University Hospital. Showed her all of my Sleepyhead graphs. She pretty quickly agreed that I had Central Sleep Apnea. She said my original PSG was mis diagnosed as Severe Obstructive Apnea. She couldn't use that one because insurance would not allow prescribing an ASV machine without a diagnosis of Central Apnea. Got a new split sleep study first part to confirm Central Apnea and 2nd part to titrate me on an ASV machine. All seemed to go well. I will be changing DME suppliers and should have a new ASV machine in a couple of weeks. Then I have to get used to the ASV therapy and try to get some restful sleep.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4th Sleep Study may be a charm
Sounds like good news!

Well-done
"With ordinary talent and extraordinary perseverance, all things are attainable." - Thomas Foxwell Buxton

Cool
Post Reply Post Reply

Hi richb,
Good luck to you at your next sleep study and with the new ASV machine.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like the sleep study went exactly as you hoped... good stuff.

Did you drop hints as to which machine you wanted to your doc or are you taking whatever you get?
Post Reply Post Reply
good news!
هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
Good news Rich - it's been a long time coming!

Based on my own experience I always recommend you try both the Respironics and Resmed ASVs. They have a very different "feel" and what works well for one person will be a disaster for the next. The Resmed has very limited adjustability - it relies on its very clever algorithm to optimise things for you, but it doesn't suit some people. The Respironics has a lot more adjustments, which means you can dial in an optimum setting, but there are more things to get wrong.

What I do know is that these machines are medical marvels and when they are working well they will make a huge difference to your apnea.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the support. I was titrated on a Respironics machine. That will most likely be what I will get. The only problem I noticed was the blast of air I got when I forgot to breathe when falling asleep. This would wake me up and would repeat until I eventually fell asleep. I then stayed asleep for a couple of hours during the titration. The tech said he got lots of good data.

Rich
Apnea Board Member RobySue has posted a Beginners Guide to Sleepyhead Software here:  http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...SleepyHead

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-07-2015, 11:07 AM)richb Wrote: Went to a new sleep Doc at the University Hospital. Showed her all of my Sleepyhead graphs. She pretty quickly agreed that I had Central Sleep Apnea. She said my original PSG was mis diagnosed as Severe Obstructive Apnea. She couldn't use that one because insurance would not allow prescribing an ASV machine without a diagnosis of Central Apnea. Got a new split sleep study first part to confirm Central Apnea and 2nd part to titrate me on an ASV machine. All seemed to go well. I will be changing DME suppliers and should have a new ASV machine in a couple of weeks. Then I have to get used to the ASV therapy and try to get some restful sleep.

Rich

Four sleep studies and countless dollars to learn what we told you on this forum 6-months ago. Laugh-a-lot
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2015, 10:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Four sleep studies and countless dollars to learn what we told you on this forum 6-months ago. Laugh-a-lot

ooooh, rub it in....
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

Post Reply Post Reply
(10-08-2015, 11:16 AM)DariaVader Wrote:
(10-08-2015, 10:32 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Four sleep studies and countless dollars to learn what we told you on this forum 6-months ago. Laugh-a-lot

ooooh, rub it in....

Original sleep "Doc" is pretty much a fraud. You are out'ta luck if you have anything more complicated than Obstructive Sleep Apnea. He got his "certification" after 12 months of study. License to steal.

Rich

Download Sleepyhead
Post images

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 242 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  [CPAP] Titration Study liebano 2 77 03-26-2024, 08:18 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
Question [Diagnosis] Home Sleep Study Results & Feedback togapilot 6 532 03-26-2024, 02:36 PM
Last Post: togapilot
  CPAP newbie / OSCAR / study feedback Brad124 4 192 03-23-2024, 08:02 AM
Last Post: Brad124
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  New to CPAP Titration Study and OSCAR Data Help Needed slowmoto 2 148 03-20-2024, 01:24 PM
Last Post: slowmoto
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 65 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.