Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

4th night - holding steady at AHI below 5. How to get lower??
4th night - holding steady at AHI below 5. How to get lower??
here is my data from last night.  I know it's below 5 and I am thankful for that, but am wondering what I could do to reduce that even further.  Any suggestions?

Thanks to everyone!

[url=[Image: kaQ5IO6.png]][/url]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 4th night - holding steady at AHI below 5. How to get lower??
I can't find your history and I don't re mmm ember it.
What did your sleep studies say about Central Apnea? About 1/3 of your events are CA.
Have you made any previous changes in your settings? How did you react?

I would attack the CA portion assuming they are real (no history).

Decrease your min pressure by 1 and turn off EPR (currently 1)

Then post tonight's results here in this thread.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-26-2017, 08:05 AM)bonjour Wrote: I can't find your history and I don't remember it.
What did your sleep studies say about Central Apnea? About 1/3 of your events are CA.
Have you made any previous changes in your settings? How did you react?

I would attack the CA portion assuming they are real (no history).

Decrease your min pressure by 1 and turn off EPR (currently 1)

Then post tonight's results here in this thread.

Fair enough.

My sleep study they started me at 5 and titrated up to 7.

With no CPAP for 167 minutes  I had 67 obstructive, 3 central, 15 hypopnea
With CPAP at 7 for 173 minutes I had 0 obstructive, 5 central and no hypopnea

(They only had me at 6 for about 15 minutes, I had two hypopneas and they pushed me to 7 for the rest of the time.)

Night one - min 4 max 10  - 10 minute ramp epr 1  - no central events, AHI of 2.34
night two - min 7, max 12 - ramp to auto and starts at 5, started seeing centrals, AHI 3.86
night three - min 7, max 12 - same settings, forgot to put SD card back in, AHI of .43 still see centrals
night four - min 7, max 12 - same settings, see above.

Here is a link to my 1st two nights data.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...t-so-great

So, based on your advise, I will adjust my range to 6-12 and turn off EPR.  I think I will also raise the starting ramp pressure to 6.  The first few nights 5 seemed great, I think 6 may be more comfortable now.

Any feedback is always appreciated!

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
Your sleep study showed Obstructives at 67, hypopneas at 15 and centrals at 3. When they tried a straight pressure of 7cm, that took care of the hypopneas, but added centrals.

If it were me, I would turn EPR off first, and watch for a few days to see if that takes care of the Clear Airways.

You can lower minimum pressure too, but I would try one thing at a time. You won't know what's working and what isn't when you change more than one setting.

Try turning EPR off first.

Note: setting ramp at 6 with a starting pressure of 6 won't work as ramp is a setting that allows you to get used to pressure and slowly reaches the minimum pressure in the time period you set.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
First, you say it is your fourth night? Leave it alone. It is way too soon to be changing anything but the EPR.

Leave it alone. Gather data for at least ten nights then look at it. At this point, you're still getting used to it.
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Feel worse on lower EPR even though AHI seems the same? LarkinM 10 391 03-14-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  How can I lower my AHI? jstro84 26 2,558 01-13-2024, 12:13 PM
Last Post: jstro84
  Advise requested: Should I LOWER my pressure? Aknakon 21 1,168 12-22-2023, 08:25 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Can I lower the pressure? GaspForAir 11 959 12-11-2023, 08:31 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
Idea [CPAP] Lower AHI on firmer mattresses? Jeads95 9 660 10-26-2023, 01:58 AM
Last Post: ivorpetkov
  [Treatment] AHI lower than ever, still struggling in my late 20s davigalindo 31 2,521 10-18-2023, 10:25 AM
Last Post: davigalindo
  Raise Lower pressure setting crmarks4 10 958 10-09-2023, 09:45 PM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.