Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5.0 to 0.1 & 0.0 in one step!
5.0 to 0.1 & 0.0 in one step!
Now I have always had low readings that went usually except for the odd bad night.
I don't always keep very well.  So sometimes I get nerve pain and cramps at night, so I expect bad results some nights.
However, the last three months for some unknown reason it just to 5.0 and one 7.0 one night.
I looked at the charts but there was no real clue as to what was going on, so I scratched my head and even sent the data to the hospital for them to have a look at.  I was going to post them here, but for some reason it didn't work.
So it went on getting a bit worse now and again, then I would get a night where it was 0.3, 0.4, 0.5 which I was happy enough with, but then for no reason it would shoot up again.  I was not having bad nights, so I couldn't understand it.
The hospital got back to me with no suggestions other than to say if I couldn't get it down they might have to see me and or report it to the Driver Licence Centre. DVLA here.  This didn't go down well with me as I wasn't feeling tired yet, but if it went on it was eventually going to tell on me.

So one night I set the low pressure up slightly by just 1 nearer the usual running pressure (which had gone up by 0.4, which I didn't think would make much difference) however, next morning it was 0.1 and the highest I have had for two whole weeks is 0,1.

I have had mostly 0.0 and 0.1 with only one 0.3 which is right back to where I was before. Smile 
The low pressure is just 2 away from where it goes up to on high, though the machine's high pressure is set to max 20 but never offers to go there.
the pressure went up from 13 to 13.6 last month but it was very hot here and I put it down to that, but it grew colder and I was still getting higher readings than I have ever had.  So when I made a tiny adjustment to the low pressure I didn't expect for it to have such a big effect.
The machine is quite fast in reacting to an apnea, so I didn't think it would make such a difference to it, but it did.

I am just sharing this so others might gain from it.
I would never have thought such a small change would make such a difference!

Hopefully the hospital will hold off in letting the DVLA know after they get the new results.
I didn't understand their reaction anyway, there are drivers with worse results that attend there and are still driving!
DVLA know of me, but when I phones than and said I never felt tired when driving or any other time for that mater, if I did I would stop for a break and a coffee anyway.  They were not interested and told me to keep driving and they would send me a letter if they thought there was a need to.
They never sent the letter, mind you I moved house two weeks later and DVLA are very slow to do anything except take a drivers licence away from them, so maybe the letter arrived to a puzzled new home owner.   Rolleyes 

If things change I will attempt to upload some results, but it looks sorted.   Smile
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Every journey, however large or small starts with the first step.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5.0 to 0.1 & 0.0 in one step!
I do a lot of reading here these day but very seldom post anything, others get there before me and I see no need to repeat whet has already been said.
Thanks for some good reading.
I am NOT a doctor.  I try to help, but do not take what I say as medical advice.

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
Looking at wesozzzz's post "Why didn't my machine respond?"
I am now thinking that the machine is responding and catching the apnea as it is just about to hit me.
I know my throat closes slowly (I have felt this happen when awake and almost asleep, dozing in the past) so I think the machine is detecting when I start to stop breathing just before my throat closes (it does not catch them when on my back though, this is why I still get the odd one) but most of the time I try to lay on my side.
Just a theory I just thought of.
Any thoughts?

Sleep-well
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-10-2019, 06:36 AM)Sleep2Snore Wrote: I do a lot of reading here these day but very seldom post anything, others get there before me and I see no need to repeat whet has already been said.
Thanks for some good reading.

I know! Smile 

So many good, knowledgeable and helpful people here. And so quick to respond! Amazing
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Next step after getting my study results. Soccoia 3 601 11-22-2023, 12:38 PM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Forum has helped...but now next step to improve nightgagger 62 5,687 01-05-2022, 05:21 AM
Last Post: Ratchick
  Next step? permabear 11 1,452 10-16-2021, 10:57 AM
Last Post: Gideon
  Help, one step forward, two steps back sleepless badger 8 1,656 07-28-2018, 08:54 AM
Last Post: sleepless badger
  Still tired, next step DRUGS! oldfart59 10 3,089 09-29-2017, 02:41 PM
Last Post: chill
  Next step(s) after getting AHI <5 Roy289 23 4,389 05-09-2016, 07:42 AM
Last Post: Roy289
  A step in the right direction, I hope.... DonC 3 1,787 11-02-2015, 09:26 PM
Last Post: JudgeMental

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.