Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 Month Check-in - SleepyHead Data
5 Month Check-in - SleepyHead Data
I am at my 5 month mark using biPap. Still not feeling great but have managed to find a mask that works and a pressure that keeps the aerophagia at a bearable level. I'd love someone to look over my SleepyHead data and give me a read. My doctor will not see me until the 1 year mark and feels my numbers are fine. My body is still massively tired.

[Image: uPrOvmvh.png]

[Image: 7rhwy6bh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 Month Check-in - SleepyHead Data
Is there a place to edit a post? I wanted to correct something.

edited: well, that's odd. I can edit my reply (found the edit button) but not my OP.
Post Reply Post Reply
McDee,
Here is some info on editing posts.
http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/misc.ph...elp&hid=17
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
The graph only shows some CA events. If you want to clean those up, reduce your pressure support in clinical settings. Change the value next to PS from 4.0 to 3.0 and let's see if you feel better. We may want to change EPAP min from 4.0 to 5.0, but let's limit this to one thing at a time.

Why were you provided a bilevel rather than CPAP?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
When we did the sleep study the pressures were originally much higher. However, I developed severe aerophagia so my doctor lowered the settings to the current numbers. I think the fact that the higher pressures also blew open my Eustachian tube and was pushing air into my inner ear was also a factor.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 10:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The graph only shows some CA events. If you want to clean those up, reduce your pressure support in clinical settings. Change the value next to PS from 4.0 to 3.0 and let's see if you feel better. We may want to change EPAP min from 4.0 to 5.0, but let's limit this to one thing at a time.

I typically have an OA between 1-2 every night. The CA averages between 2-3. Do we need to work on the OA (which Bipap treats) or the CA (which Bipap does not treat)? How would lowering the PS help with the CA? Would it make my aerophagia worse?

Post Reply Post Reply
I've actually been playing with my BiPAP PS range numbers that past 3 nights to try to reduce my hypopnias. I increased my PS number 1.5-2.5 above what it has been, and voila my CAs completely disappeared. Prior to 3 nights ago, I was always getting some CAs every night. Yes this is opposite of what sleeprider was suggesting, so I'd try it for a week and see what the response is ...

I also see you 95% EPAP is close to 6. Your min EPAP is 4. I'd bump the EPAP min up to 5.5 or 6.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-12-2016, 01:21 PM)MeDee Wrote:
(09-12-2016, 10:40 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: The graph only shows some CA events. If you want to clean those up, reduce your pressure support in clinical settings. Change the value next to PS from 4.0 to 3.0 and let's see if you feel better. We may want to change EPAP min from 4.0 to 5.0, but let's limit this to one thing at a time.

I typically have an OA between 1-2 every night. The CA averages between 2-3. Do we need to work on the OA (which Bipap treats) or the CA (which Bipap does not treat)? How would lowering the PS help with the CA? Would it make my aerophagia worse?

McDee, in Bilevel, the EPAP min treats OA. Increase by 1.0. CA can result from too much PS. I went through this same thing, and decreased my AHI from the figures you're dealing with to less than 1 by decreasing pressure support a bit.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
OK the consensus seems to be to focus on the CA first, then the OA.

Step 1: decrease the PS from 4 to 3. This may make my aerophagia wose, but it might help the CA.

if that does not work, then step 2:
Put the PS back to 4, but this time increase the EPAP to 5. That could help the OA.

Have I got it right?
Post Reply Post Reply
Sounds like you have a good plan. I'd spend a week at each pressure to see if the change is helpful or harmful.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  1 Month In - Some Questions rarmstrong26 4 147 Yesterday, 06:45 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  One month in and could use help RTC75321 2 153 03-20-2024, 06:46 PM
Last Post: RTC75321
  [Treatment] Low O2 After Almost a Month of Therapy somewherein413 36 1,022 03-14-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Looking for wrist oximeter to check O2 storywizard 0 89 03-13-2024, 05:29 PM
Last Post: storywizard
  [CPAP] Month on CPAP can't stay asleep Trep1018 1 138 03-08-2024, 06:10 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] Help my symptoms got better at first but then they came back after a month LordofthStrings 14 930 02-22-2024, 03:28 PM
Last Post: LordofthStrings
  How can I check if my ClimateAir actually heats up? NoddingHacker 1 174 02-06-2024, 12:19 PM
Last Post: Jay51

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.