Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 hours sleep only. help
RE: 5 hours sleep only. help
Thanks for the information about wine, ect. What is AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is the index used to measure how bad your apnea condition is. It is given in terms of average events per hour of a night's sleep. For example, 16 events over 8 hours is AHI of 2. People like us not on CPAP have events of 20, 50 or 80 AHI. Our machines provide enough pressure to keep the airway open and reduce what is called obstructive sleep apnea events.

The drawback of using a simple AHI score is it records all events as equal. i.e. a 12 second stop is the same as a 40 second stop. Many of us look at our data to check on the length of time of our events. AHI is a major indicator, but not the only data we look at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Acronyms and Abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO

Take a deep breath and count to zen.

Post Reply Post Reply
(04-28-2015, 06:20 PM)trailrider Wrote: AHI is the index used to measure how bad your apnea condition is. It is given in terms of average events per hour of a night's sleep. For example, 16 events over 8 hours is AHI of 2. People like us not on CPAP have events of 20, 50 or 80 AHI. Our machines provide enough pressure to keep the airway open and reduce what is called obstructive sleep apnea events.

The drawback of using a simple AHI score is it records all events as equal. i.e. a 12 second stop is the same as a 40 second stop. Many of us look at our data to check on the length of time of our events. AHI is a major indicator, but not the only data we look at.
Thank You for the info, I intend to be a regular on this site,(at least until I find some one who has acquired a comfortable full mask). Sleep well. Robert Wilson

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Well, are you a man, or woman? Sarcasm gets you no where,(whatever you tell me will be kept top secret, 9-level.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Arg. This is happening to me these days. I'll go to bed at 10:30 PM quickly fall to sleep then wake up at 4:00 AM and can't get back to sleep. Maybe I'll start going to bed at 9:00 PM and then go golf 9 holes at 7:00 AM.

Really tired and foggy headed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
Sad [Treatment] 10 Months In and Still Waking Up After 4 to 5 Hours Burnsy 3 292 03-14-2024, 11:37 AM
Last Post: Burnsy
  Still Only Sleeping 4-5 Hours Most Nights AustinSV 5 254 03-12-2024, 08:49 PM
Last Post: Plmnb
  Big Gap In Readings - Hours of use too short an4g745 12 475 03-01-2024, 06:50 PM
Last Post: an4g745
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Total machine use hours? milogurd 1 278 02-03-2024, 04:00 PM
Last Post: Nightynite
  Why do I wake up after a few hours sleep? John Reston 6 494 01-28-2024, 02:56 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.