Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 hours sleep only. help
Thanks for the information about wine, ect. What is AHI
Post Reply Post Reply
AHI is the index used to measure how bad your apnea condition is. It is given in terms of average events per hour of a night's sleep. For example, 16 events over 8 hours is AHI of 2. People like us not on CPAP have events of 20, 50 or 80 AHI. Our machines provide enough pressure to keep the airway open and reduce what is called obstructive sleep apnea events.

The drawback of using a simple AHI score is it records all events as equal. i.e. a 12 second stop is the same as a 40 second stop. Many of us look at our data to check on the length of time of our events. AHI is a major indicator, but not the only data we look at.
Post Reply Post Reply
Acronyms and Abbreviations:
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php?title=Acronyms
PaulaO2
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Breathe deeply and count to zen.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply

(04-28-2015, 06:20 PM)trailrider Wrote: AHI is the index used to measure how bad your apnea condition is. It is given in terms of average events per hour of a night's sleep. For example, 16 events over 8 hours is AHI of 2. People like us not on CPAP have events of 20, 50 or 80 AHI. Our machines provide enough pressure to keep the airway open and reduce what is called obstructive sleep apnea events.

The drawback of using a simple AHI score is it records all events as equal. i.e. a 12 second stop is the same as a 40 second stop. Many of us look at our data to check on the length of time of our events. AHI is a major indicator, but not the only data we look at.
Thank You for the info, I intend to be a regular on this site,(at least until I find some one who has acquired a comfortable full mask). Sleep well. Robert Wilson

Post Reply Post Reply
Question 
Well, are you a man, or woman? Sarcasm gets you no where,(whatever you tell me will be kept top secret, 9-level.)
Post Reply Post Reply
Arg. This is happening to me these days. I'll go to bed at 10:30 PM quickly fall to sleep then wake up at 4:00 AM and can't get back to sleep. Maybe I'll start going to bed at 9:00 PM and then go golf 9 holes at 7:00 AM.

Really tired and foggy headed.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Daytime sleepiness despite low AHI, low leak, 7+ hours of daily use vas2000 12 527 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Last Post: Marillion
  Still sleepy after 9 months. Could only sleep for 6 hours. susilosaja 11 289 03-21-2017, 03:25 AM
Last Post: susilosaja
Smile 6 Hours On, 2 Hours Off harmon k 9 291 03-15-2017, 06:39 PM
Last Post: tedgreen
  How do I prevent rainout for 48 hours after washing Cpap tube Ihaveapnea 36 1,113 03-13-2017, 04:58 PM
Last Post: dosco
  How many hours of life in a machine? bexiesbruv 7 395 02-24-2017, 10:06 PM
Last Post: E.W.
  5 hours sleep Phill 7 1,142 02-05-2017, 03:12 PM
Last Post: bonjour
  Devilbiss DV5x power chart: pressure/DC Amps/Amp-Hours Night Train 1 173 01-23-2017, 04:15 PM
Last Post: OMyMyOHellYes