Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Breathing Noise using Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow
Breathing Noise using Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow
I've used full face masks for over a year but decided to try a P30i nasal pillow to see if it would work for me.  Unfortunately the noise of my breath passing through the nasal pillow is very loud, both when inhaling and exhaling.  It's so loud that I can't get to sleep with it on.  I even lowered my starting pressure to 6 but this didn't lower the noise level noticeably.  The noise level is much lower using a full face mask.  Is this normal for a nasal pillow?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Breathing Noise using Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow
I tried the same mask and couldn't stand the sound of the air passing through from the pillows to the vent on top of my head. It made a rustling sound to which I was very sensitive.

Could that be what you're hearing? I don't think there's any general pillow-mask-related noise problem.

How do you think you might do with a regular P10 mask? Or, if you really need the top-of-the-head routing, you might take a look at the Aloha pillow mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
do make sure the oval bit with the vent is well seated in the pillows...if not...leaky noises.

also the newer type has the vent with mesh, when this gets moist ... it wheezes... just remove the mesh, wash, dry, replace.

or see if you can the old type vent with holes, not the mesh.

if the right angle connector at the top of headframe is too close to your pillow or headboard of the bed, same thing, you can hear the air venting out the top. 

Apart from that, can't think of anything else.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-10-2022, 05:16 AM)SevereApnea Wrote: do make sure the oval bit with the vent is well seated in the pillows...if not...leaky noises.

also the newer type has the vent with mesh, when this gets moist ... it wheezes... just remove the mesh, wash, dry, replace.

or see if you can the old type vent with holes, not the mesh.

if the right angle connector at the top of headframe is too close to your pillow or headboard of the bed, same thing, you can hear the air venting out the top. 

Apart from that, can't think of anything else.

Agreed with all the above

I was getting a "breathing sound" that was not quite right one night. It was making me mad. I would have thought it was normal had it not been a night other than my first. With some examination, I saw that it was a small leak where the diffuser part connects. Remove and replace did not seem to work. Then I changed it with the diffuser from one of other pillows from the set. Back to normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
one other thought: also a good idea to make sure the notches line up...

P30i Notch here
Post Reply Post Reply
Severe Apnea, thanks for the P30i notch info.  I've never had it apart but will verify alignment.
Post Reply Post Reply
no worries, I have put in the wrong way round at least once, I lay there thinking what IS that noise? Too-funny
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Worried about periodic breathing / CA patterns Jorgo 102 2,535 Yesterday, 05:38 PM
Last Post: jcp519
  High flow limit, erratic breathing and resp rates jclarke131000 14 279 Yesterday, 06:31 AM
Last Post: jclarke131000
Question Does abnormal breathing trigger an elevated heart rate? Or vice versa. G. Szabo 14 347 04-15-2024, 07:01 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Adjusting to Nasal Pillow Mask DenKen31 9 988 04-12-2024, 09:57 PM
Last Post: MaskedOne
  Dreamwear vs P30i Whacked 0 98 04-09-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Whacked
  Anything can be done for baby with breathing problems Ptee8899 2 355 04-09-2024, 05:57 AM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Bed Pillow Question SheShells23 5 241 03-25-2024, 08:34 AM
Last Post: SheShells23

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.