Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Resmed N30 nasal mask
Resmed N30 nasal mask
I see that Resmed has come out with a new under-the-nose nasal mask, the N30.  Similar to the Dreamwear nasal mask except a front connection rather than top connection.  I'm curious about it because I like Resmed's N20 cushion a lot - so I wonder if their N30 under- nose cushion is more comfortable and/or stable than the Dreamwear is.  The front hose doesn't seem like a step forward, but maybe it could be.  It looks like a lightweight hose, and it eliminates the air noise through your head that comes from the Dreamwear's side tubes, as well as their bulkiness.  Also, it wouldn't tend to shift around from being jostled by side tubes, like the Dreamwear can.
Be glad to hear from anyone who's trying it out.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Resmed N30 nasal mask
(10-22-2019, 11:14 AM)cronkster Wrote: I see that Resmed has come out with a new under-the-nose nasal mask, the N30.  Similar to the Dreamwear nasal mask except a front connection rather than top connection.  I'm curious about it because I like Resmed's N20 cushion a lot - so I wonder if their N30 under- nose cushion is more comfortable and/or stable than the Dreamwear is.  The front hose doesn't seem like a step forward, but maybe it could be.  It looks like a lightweight hose, and it eliminates the air noise through your head that comes from the Dreamwear's side tubes, as well as their bulkiness.  Also, it wouldn't tend to shift around from being jostled by side tubes, like the Dreamwear can.
Be glad to hear from anyone who's trying it out.

The design of the N30 is more curved than the DW, and it doesn't have that hard plastic part like the N30i. In theory, it should be more stable than both.

Also, I like that they're using the diffused vent. I suspect that, plus the hose position, will make it a bit quieter than the N30i/DW.

I ordered one, because I've concluded I prefer the p10 style hose to the top-of-head ones, and want to give this a try.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for the reply.  I ordered one too.
I now remember that I tried the N30i about a year ago, and ended up returning it.  I didn't like the stiff portion of the cushions and didn't find them to fit well.  I also didn't like the fit of the slightly stiff and noisy frame.  I agree with the points you make here.
If the front hose connection on this new N30 bothers me I can route it upward and connect the hose to the headgear, or use a hose hanger to keep it up and out of the way, so it probably won't be much of a factor.  The deciding factor will probably be how well the cushion fits and stays sealed.
Let me know how you like it, and we can compare.
Post Reply Post Reply
By the way, have you been able to find a sizing guide for the N30 cushion?
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-22-2019, 12:40 PM)cronkster Wrote: By the way, have you been able to find a sizing guide for the N30 cushion?

Yes, there's one on the Resmed page for the mask.
Post Reply Post Reply
Great.  Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How can I rectify skin breakage from nasal mask? evenflow 2 99 03-20-2024, 10:18 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Nasal irrigation sleepingbetterinFl 8 322 03-11-2024, 10:50 AM
Last Post: HalfAsleep
  How can I tell if my mouth is open with a nasal mask while I sleep? evenflow 15 1,079 03-08-2024, 09:55 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Mask(s) to use after nasal surgery? Wonderlight 17 4,224 03-08-2024, 05:42 PM
Last Post: DoubtFire61
  Resmed P30i Nasal Pillow Fix cjtownsend1 1 265 02-25-2024, 10:02 PM
Last Post: robbob2112
  Using DreamWisp Nasal Mask With ResMed AirSense 11 Avign0n323 2 340 01-31-2024, 01:17 PM
Last Post: Avign0n323
  Resmed Airfit P30i Nasal Pillows Mask Leak Question fuzz 2 484 01-25-2024, 03:10 PM
Last Post: fuzz

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.