Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 years of muscle fatigue and no relief in sight
5 years of muscle fatigue and no relief in sight
Hi ya”ll

I’m new here, I wonder if someone has the same symptoms.

For the last 5 years I’ve been suffering from muscle fatigue, I feel my muscles getting tired on every little thing I do, from brushing my teeth, shaving, not to mention walking up the stairs. It feels like I’ve done a workout in the gym.

I’ve been checked out by doctors from top to bottom, but to no avail. 

I don’t have the typical sleep apnea symptoms of being sleepy during the day. I wonder if such type of muscle fatigue is something people with sleep apnea feel? 
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 5 years of muscle fatigue and no relief in sight
Welcome to the Apnea Board. I'd say fatigue in any form is possibly caused by apnea. I believe apnea affects us in sometimes differing ways and varying degrees. It can also depend on what other disease or illness you do or don't have. And how long your apnea has been untreated can factor in as well.

Before treatment, I had to deal with similar fatigue. Just note that I have a few other things working against me as well such as multiple back issues and COPD. Since I've been on my ASV, fatigue is less.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi David01,
Welcome to Apnea Board!

I’m not sure about muscle fatigue, but other symptoms that folk experience with untreated apnea are Daytime Sleepiness, Fatigue, Insomnia, Snoring, Nocturia, Morning Headaches, Memory Loss, Choking/Gasping for air, Night Terrors....

Not everyone would experience all of these symptoms, but even a couple symptoms should prompt you to follow up with your doctor.

Take the Epworth Sleepiness Test and see where you fit.

http://www.apneaboard.com/quiz.htm
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you taking a statin for cholesterol?
CPAP is a journey like “The Wizard of Oz”. It’s a long slow journey. You will face many problems and pick up many friends along the way. Just because you reach the poppies, it doesn’t mean you are in Kansas. 
Post Reply Post Reply
Thanks for your replies

I’m looking to see if anyone else has had this exact kind of fatigue, that I’m describing, I.e. the muscles constantly getting tired. 

I’m also overweight and have acid reflux and am on omeprazol daily. 

My epworth scale is 5-6.

Your input is much appreciated. 
Post Reply Post Reply
IDK about muscle fatigue (all of me is fatigued!) but I can tell you that my vicious reflux diminished to the point I gave up all the meds for that after getting my ahi under 5.
Post Reply Post Reply
It doesn’t sound like you suffer from Sleep Apnea, which is a good thing.

I don’t know if anyone here suffers with the muscle fatigue as you describe, but hang in there, maybe you will receive other responses.

I assume your doctors have done complete blood work, but how is your potassium level?
Low levels can cause an assortment of issues, including muscle fatigue.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah, blood work been checked multiple times, muscles also been checked, all seem normal.
Post Reply Post Reply
Was your magnesium level checked--it is often overlooked because it isn't included in standard blood test packages. Fibromyalgia came to mind, as I have it, but not that seriously.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah both were checked out and excluded.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question Help - Mask change causing fatigue? coffee9724 3 194 Yesterday, 09:01 PM
Last Post: jcp519
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 115 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
Sad 7 Years of Pap Therapy and Still Utterly Fatigued. Top doctors Unhelpful kalensk 1 107 04-11-2024, 06:48 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  How many years does a mask last? nnddcc 6 295 04-09-2024, 11:43 AM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  Incorrectly on ASV for several years rickresmed 2 122 04-04-2024, 09:18 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  1 Year of Therapy Still Dealing With Fatigue and Headaches Zzera 7 266 03-31-2024, 09:27 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 169 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.