Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help.
RE: 5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help.
(08-02-2020, 10:34 AM)SilverSleeper Wrote: Dry mouth, high leak rate... seems like a leakage problem, probably a mouth leak. Are you a mouth breather?

yes with a full face mask. when i had just the nasal pillow sleep doc said i wasn't leaking and i still felt bad. i recently loosened the straps also since i think they were a bit tight. the leak % did go down once i upped the pressure from last night.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-02-2020, 10:23 AM)kc210 Wrote: set my min to 8 last night, ahi went from 3.9 to 1.6. will post a screenshot. felt a little better, i did have a bit of feeling like i needed to catch my breath when i woke up, and still really tired eyes and yawning. of course ive been at that pressure before, but not since i added the xylimelt and max humidity for the dry mouth. 5 hours and 38 min is a record for me actually. although not sure how long it took me to fall asleep.

should i continue to increase say .5 each day and then check the data/how i feel and adjust accordingly or just bump it up to 9 or 10 since it says i'm at 9.8 for 95% of the time anyway?

thanks

Since you are getting closer to a better night of sleep, I think you can stay at this pressure for a while before making additional changes.  It will be much easier to compare your next pressure increase if you have a week at this level.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
woke up about 3 hours in, got up took another melatonin and put another xlyimelt in and went back to bed took awhile maybe hour not sure but did manage to get back to sleep. it was a struggle though and stayed in bed 14 hours total, way too long. 

tonight almost same thing about 3 hours in i'm waking up pretty fully very frustrating. can anyone see something from this data from last night that might indicate some reason why?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
Although it is not flagged, I think you have significant flow limitation through the first part of the night. We could look at a closeup of this around 07:30 and probably see flat-topped inspiration peaks. I see numerous recovery breathing spikes and of course the RERA is much more abundant than what is flagged. The solution is going to be higher minimum pressure.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 10:26 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Although it is not flagged, I think you have significant flow limitation through the first part of the night.  We could look at a closeup of this around 07:30 and probably see flat-topped inspiration peaks. I see numerous recovery breathing spikes and of course the RERA is much more abundant than what is flagged.  The solution is going to be higher minimum pressure.

here's a zoomed in of around 730. i had bumped it up to 9 min

Post Reply Post Reply
For a zoomed shot, I really need 2 to 3 minutes where the individual wave is visible. This is still too far out to see flow limitation.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
(08-05-2020, 11:19 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: For a zoomed shot, I really need 2 to 3 minutes where the individual wave is visible.  This is still too far out to see flow limitation.

hows this? and again, appreciate the replies and taking the time.

Post Reply Post Reply
Really interesting. The breathing does not display classic flow limitation but there are 8-10 breaths with smaller volume wits single recovery breath. I think increasing pressure may help this and I’m certain this pattern is disruptive to sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Attaching Files
Mask Primer

Post Reply Post Reply
if you look at this at a 10 minute view scale & see much of this pattern repeating, it might reflect movement.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-06-2020, 10:53 AM)sheepless Wrote: if you look at this at a 10 minute view scale & see much of this pattern repeating, it might reflect movement.

went through last nights data and this same pattern is consistent all night long. i know i go from left to right occasionally with my body pillow but it's not a lot, no restless leg according to the sleep study.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 85 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 120 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 183 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 293 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,022 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 682 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 544 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.