Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help.
RE: 5 years on cpap, no improvement. getting desperate for some help.
(09-18-2020, 11:04 AM)staceyburke Wrote: Your flow limits are high when you have mask leaks. That can cause waking you up. So fixing leaks is a good thing to work on.

yeh but when i didn't have leaks i had the same issue, i actually loosened the mask to try and fix the problem in a long list of things i've tried which is why i have the leaks now.
Post Reply Post Reply
Maybe this will help.

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php/Mask_Primer
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The heated tube setting is automatic when detected. I definitely agree with Dave on turning off Ramp, especially with the low pressure. I think you should turn EPR from 3 to 2 because you rarely ever get to a pressure of 7.0. With the lower limit of the machine being 4.0, your minimum pressure should be 6.0 with EPR 2. The biggest problem is a mask leak that is persistent and disruptive to your sleep.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-18-2020, 12:04 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: The heated tube setting is automatic when detected.  I definitely agree with Dave on turning off Ramp, especially with the low pressure.  I think you should turn EPR from 3 to 2 because you rarely ever get to a pressure of 7.0.  With the lower limit of the machine being 4.0, your minimum pressure should be 6.0 with EPR 2.  The biggest problem is a mask leak that is persistent and disruptive to your sleep.

i had already gotten supplies for my old machine when i got this one. i think the automatic heated you are talking about is the one that clicks in, they told me to just take my regular tube that has the normal rubber end and use that one. it attaches fine, but it doesnt click in like the connection on the back or the tutorials ive watched on it.

yeh i changed the ramp to 15 mins and took a nap, the experience was probably worse i was in and out of sleep rolling around the whole time, pretty miserable. i can def tell this machine is better, just can't quite get it working for me.

i'll change the epr tonight and tighten the straps a bit.

thanks for the suggestions everyone, i'm feeling pretty hopeless about the whole thing atm. but i'll keep trying.
Post Reply Post Reply
kc, you will be fine. you have a great machine, and we just need to calm the leaks and get some realistic settings in place. I hate to say "trust me", but please do.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
ok leaks are gone, ramp is off, epr is 2 and had probably worst night yet. this stuff is just strange. still throwing mask off about 4 hours in, and then my post mask-less sleep is pretty terrible where before it was fine, perhaps the therapy is working well and then going back to nothing is making the difference more pronounced. i don't know. i'm so tired where before i could get up after taking the mask off sometimes, eyes are tired, throat is extremely dry. just laying in bed another 6 hours. max pressure seems to have risen with these changes also. before i could at least feel the positive effects of the 4 hours. not sure if that's good or bad. should i change the epr to 1 or off or do something else?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
looking again at the 8/4/20 screenshot in post #15, I see plm. plm or not, whatever is causing that pattern is disrupting your sleep. does that pattern show up often? does it come and go throughout the night? I wonder about the first 40 minutes of the flow rate in the 9/19/20 chart in post #36. is that pattern present?
Post Reply Post Reply
(09-20-2020, 03:56 PM)sheepless Wrote: looking again at the 8/4/20 screenshot in post #15, I see plm.  plm or not, whatever is causing that pattern is disrupting your sleep. does that pattern show up often?  does it come and go throughout the night?  I wonder about the first 40 minutes of the flow rate in the 9/19/20 chart in post #36.  is that pattern present?

that pattern seems to be almost continuous when zoomed in, and the 9/19/20 pattern of the first 40 minutes seems to be in pretty much every night.
Post Reply Post Reply
well, I'm pretty well convinced plm is disturbing your sleep. sorry if I'm repeating: pap won't help & quite likely causes as many arousals & awakenings in response to plm as the plm itself. best to check with your doc; plm treatment seems to require a fair amount of trial & error.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Judging CPAP improvement jprconsulting 1 79 03-24-2024, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  New sleep study after 17 years? Jim1952 2 117 03-21-2024, 05:33 PM
Last Post: Jim1952
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  Only CAs on Oscar but diagnosed with OSA - 2 months CPAP and no improvement 444zane3 4 289 03-07-2024, 02:06 AM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  [Symptoms] CPAP(UARS) user 10+ years, still feel terrible DB10 17 1,003 03-05-2024, 09:37 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Question Low AHI for years but tired and low SpO2 spikes down to 85%. Brain MRI abnormal MyronH 4 673 02-25-2024, 11:33 PM
Last Post: TechieHippie
  Back at it after a few years HomerJ 7 539 02-18-2024, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.