Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

50% leak rate
RE: 50% leak rate
it doesn't sound dismissive but how do i know if i like autoset for her? I started on regular resmed airsense which i still have.  then i learn about autoset for her totally on my own, i asked sleep doctor why she did not prescribed autoset for her, i got no answer but "autoset for her prescription". so i am autoset for her, miraculously started to sleep for 6+ hours. Still have OA events occasionally. I got cervical collar that was recommended here in smaller size. I still cant wear it but i learn treating OSA is long process of adjusting.  so i keep trying.
Are you saying accumulate some data over 1 month (data is not consistent but deviations are not that big) and then change algorithm or go back to regular machine and accumulate data for month and see which machine gives me better data. But both machines not apples to apples. I can only go to 12 on autoset for her. so even if i get worse data on regular machine, i have to increase it to 14 to see if data gets better.
I just dont understand this liking advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
Not everything is in the numbers. You may feel better with one setting than the other. Don’t drive your therapy by just numbers but look at then and see how you feel after a while
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
My humble opinion is that if the minimum pressure and EPR is properly optimized, it will make no difference what mode you use. To me, optimized therapy doesn't move more than 3-cm in total pressure, and usually less.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
If i can sleep for 7 hours with cpap or no cpap, i feel the same.
Post Reply Post Reply
but autoset for her cant have min pressure > 12, so how do i optimize it?
Post Reply Post Reply
My point is using the Autoset For Her mode with high pressures or where pressures remain fairly stable through the night will make no difference, and you should just use the Autoset Standard mode.  The For Her mode is of limited value where higher pressure are required, and I have not found it more effective for most people.  It's a great idea and has a lot of enthusiasm, but as an observer of many results, I don't get it. Dont-know
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 9 46 minutes ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 234 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 851 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 227 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.