Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

50% leak rate
RE: 50% leak rate
I tried a ResMed F20 ful face mask. Lots of leaks. It was a loaner mask
I went back to my ResMed N20 and added the Knightsbridge strap

edit:  I'm posting hoping that it helps you.  I feel that we all do better when we share. My goal used to be to get the lowest readings I could with the equipment I had. Now my goal is improved sleep quality. I want to feel better after I sleep.  That's finally happening for me.

I've only had 4 or 5 machines in 30 years of treatment. I've always used a nasal mask. It's more difficulty for me now, because of mouth breathing. I'm claustrophobic. I haven't found a full face mask that I can keep on my face. (Could I if I had to do it? I don't know....I've tried 7 or 8 full face loaner masks in the last 5 years or so.)

Some of the nasal pillows masks I've used didn't stay in place very well.  I tried modifying the headgear...mixed success.  I used to wake up to see if I could detect my mask leaking! Sometimes I'd do that regularly through the night.  Now--my ResMed autosense for her works very well. My ResMed N20 mask does too, but I'm watching it! 

The people responding to your post have helped me so much. I'm confident they will help you too!
DaveL
compliant for 35 years /// Still trying!

I'm just a cpap user like you. I don't give medical advice. Seek the advice of a physician before seeking treatment for medical conditions including sleep apnea. Sleep-well

http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._The_Guide

Post Reply Post Reply
i tried different size mask with sd card in during the evening. now i am not getting my data recorded during entire night, all i see is 10 minutes of evening data. is there any way to tell oscar which data to use?
Post Reply Post Reply
Are you running the latest version of OSCAR it sounds like you are not as the earlier release version would only import once per day
Post Reply Post Reply
i am on oscar 1.1.1
Post Reply Post Reply
Please upgrade to the latest version of OSCAR, version 1.2.0.
Here is the download link: https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you. it worked
Post Reply Post Reply
Great thanks for letting us know
Post Reply Post Reply
how is it possible to have practically no apnea events if leaks over 28%?. Can i assume i simply had no apnea events while having masking leaking almost 1/3 of entire night?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
The CPAP is unable to determine an event at excessive leak rates. It has to use the back pressure as a determining factor. Major leaks don't allow for this.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
thank you. basically resmed machines designed to report accurate information only when machine does not leak. But when some resmed device used in sleep study reports ahi events, they are reported correctly. so why is such design flaw? just to sell as many masks as possible? so basically unless someone gets report as i had last night, do not rely on any numbers?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flow rate kink at end of exhalation ahuman 7 74 45 minutes ago
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Mouth leak with new machine LaraM 0 33 10 hours ago
Last Post: LaraM
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 242 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,411 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 117 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 858 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 230 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.