Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

50% leak rate
RE: 50% leak rate
Oximeters for OSCAR; In the U.S., the most popular oximeters are the Contec 50 D+ or F series and the Wellue/Viatom SleepU and O2Ring.  OSCAR does have importers for other oximeters as well.  If you are interested, look at the Data tab at the top of OSCAR.  It lists other oximeter brands that it can import the data file.  The Oximeter Wizard lists the Contec, ChoiceMed, and Pulox brands.  The later 2 names seem to be a private label of the Contec design.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
CPAPnovice, Staceyburke uses oxygen 24/7 with a bleed rate of 5 L/min. That does not apply to your situation.

Let's get back to some basics here. You have come a long way by increasing EPR and reducing flow limitation. Since your pressure frequently rises above 12-cm in response to obstructive apnea, the AFH algorithm is not ideal for you and I recommend you switch to Autoset Standard for a more proactive response. We have a wiki that describes how Autoset For Her works, and I think you may spot the problem with how it applies to you http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...Algorithms

Don't be frustrated with your collar, you just need a different fit. The soft cervical collar wiki has links back to member reviews that you should consider. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ar#Reviews
Coreflex Ultra Cervical Collar
Caldera Releaf Neck Rest
Carex Soft Cervical Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
i searched site for any feedback for this device Philips NightBalance  Lunoa. As my OSA is all positional, this sounds too good to be true. online retailer #1 does not sell it while having positive review from someone who works there. Phillips has 30 days money back guarantee, i can get prescription easily. But  i tried zzoma years ago and it did not work. it sounds like i will be waken up non stop with lunoa and then try to return it to phillips and hope they give me refund ( it is almost 1k and insurance will not pay for it). sounds like waste of time and possibly losing money. i made lots of progress since joining this board but most nights i only sleep 5 hours and it is killing me.
https://ally-listings.s3.amazonaws.com/Philips/2.0+FAQ.pdf
Post Reply Post Reply
If I understood your post correctly, you mentioned a $1000 for a Philips NightBalance.  Supplier #26 has it for $450.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

Post Reply Post Reply
i know, i just think i have better chance getting money out of Phillips if it does not work. My question is more if it is waste of time to try it
Post Reply Post Reply
We are talking about a device that senses your position in bed and vibrates if you are supine. In addition to being disruptive of sleep, I think this is a very expensive solution that is going to be hit or miss at actually solving the problem. Much of positional obstructive sleep apnea is from chin tucking and can occur on your side as well as supine. A solution like a soft cervical collar can be $20 to $40. We have seen it work for hundreds of members, even with CPAP therapy. Take a look at our positional apnea wiki and see if it helps. To be honest, I have not seen one person use or review a Nightbalance, or claim that it resolved, or partially resolved OSA. It is certainly not recognized as a therapeutic that is insured, and if it was at all effective, you can bet Philips would have published a study showing that. If you have a sleep study, the prevalence of apnea to sleep position is probably in the results. Might be worth a look.
Positional Apnea http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Soft Cervical Collar http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...cal_Collar
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

Post Reply Post Reply
i agree. lack of reviews is troubling. i am getting new collar someone recommended here. hopefully it will work
Post Reply Post Reply
Just my take as some rogue guy on the web, this Philips whatever device sounds like you're all ready to send it back after getting it. I can save you the grief on that. Don't buy it. More data is probably not going to make whatever failing you perceive on the PAP therapy and sleeping. However actual things that fix your shortcomings will do so. Invest that $1K, quite high price IMO for some sensor as far as I can see, so you can get a savings of 1K by just not buying it. This buys a few tons of collars or other such extras, even mattresses, pillows and a coffee stash, all to help you sleep better. Even coffee? Yup, see if you're wired for 18 hours you'll crash and sleep for a few at least.

I've yet to get or use any collar, but there's a guy here on AB that really likes his Corflex. Since I get paid now to push others to get F&P masks, no not really, but I've got their full face Simplus and Vitera. Take your pick, either will slap the ResMed F20 and some others around when it comes to comfort and leak control. AND these F&Ps do it handily with one strap tied behind the cushion. The mask, whatever brand and model, if it is great, all other areas of PAP therapy automatically are better.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
I made lots of progress recently but i still have question about autoset for her. I read everything in wiki about this algorithm and honestly i dont understand most of it. 
How do i know  that this algorithm actually something i need? from wiki "Conclusion: Among premenopausal women a novel female-specific autotitrating algorithm (AfH) is as effective as the standard AutoSet algorithm in controlling obstructive sleep apnea (OSA). The new algorithm may reduce flow limitation more than the standard algorithm and achieve control of OSA at a lower (95th centile) pressure"
This does not mean that every premenopausal female with OSA should get autoset for her? correct?
I asked this question before and got no answer. 

I saw 5 different sleep doctor over last year and what i am told, "i dont know anything about this algorithm, all machines are the same, try different algorithms and see what works better" Most of this doctors work at major research hospitals.  I know this board was created not to deal with sleep doctors but i find it really strange that none of them have a clue. Is it possible that answer i am looking for does not exists? And if yes, then why?
Resmed has provider support, why all these doctors refuse to get educated by resmed so patients can benefit? 
i even posted similar question here https://www.sleepassociation.org/health-...ep-doctor/ and it promptly got promtly removed by moderator.
Post Reply Post Reply
I know this is going to sound dismissive but it's not supposed to be. If you buy an AutoSet For Her and don't like the for her mode, edit it to AutoSet mode. This For Her machine has both for her and regular AutoSet, so you lose nothing by getting.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Airsense 10 - AHI account for leak rate? FriedRice 9 233 Yesterday, 06:16 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  AirSense 10 leak rate baseline issue Phil7 6 1,407 03-25-2024, 05:49 AM
Last Post: FriedRice
  Taking Xyrem: what are these respiratory rate spikes DebJ 3 113 03-24-2024, 01:56 PM
Last Post: DebJ
  Rate my Resmed 10 VAuto deal from FB GrandCentral 18 850 03-23-2024, 12:38 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 226 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  flow rate and leak rate question sleepingbetterinFl 0 88 03-21-2024, 11:28 AM
Last Post: sleepingbetterinFl
  Fixed mask leak, but flow limit seems to be increasing AHI emile.leplattenier 3 140 03-19-2024, 11:00 AM
Last Post: staceyburke

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.