Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please
RE: Feeling Bad Over Good Scores: Help Please
I saw my doctor last month regarding my flow limits and how the A10 for Her "soft" mode might help. He was ready to write me a script for the new machine, but I said to wait (until I have more research with you guys). He appeared to be sympathetic and understood. He was in a hurry though.

Also, exactly how high are my Flow Limits compared to others? That might help me get the VAuto.
Post Reply Post Reply
Exactly how much more are your flow limits compared with others?  That is very hard to say, you can look at your flow limitations chart and see how many you have. Flow limitations ARE apnea but they are untimed and smaller. Some people are bothered by flow limitations and others are not. 

You complained about feeling tired even with AHI being low. That is classic for having problems with FL. And that is why I suggest raising your min. We try to stop FL with EPR but the low pressure needs to be high enough to control the FL.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
The last chart has FL at .22. That level can be disruptive.

Here's a pointer on getting a higher level PAP. Begin noting the symptoms and complaints you've got with therapy and if there's limitations of settings or comfort on the current PAP. Compile this list and tell doc about this.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you, Mr. Dave.!
Post Reply Post Reply
For your information, the machine you have works as a bipap to EPR of 3. The VAUTO allow a higher pressure. Yours goes up to 20 cm of pressure. Some people on this site need even more pressure than that to open up an airway. The VAUTO can go to 25. 

Now imagine you need 23cm of pressure to open up your airway- your exhale would 20 with an EPR of 3. You notice the resistance at 4 think what it would be like at 20 and that is the reason for the VAUTO. 

I Don’t think the VAUTO would make any difference for you. But let’s see how you do with the new settings.
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
I mentioned the VAUTO because several other board members previously commented it might be better for me. We'll see how tonight goes and I will post tomorrow morning. I feel really zombie terrible today.

Thank you for your assistance.

Still TiredOne
Post Reply Post Reply
    New settings of minimum pressure 8 and EPR 3, Oscar report as requested for 4/17. Feel terrible, like I haven't slept, even though I've gotten almost 8 hours each night for the last 2 nights using this pressure setting. I don't have last night's report (8 min. pressure/EPR 3) because I forgot to put the SD card back in my APAP.  Scores for 4/18/21 (no graphs) were  AHI 4.0 and Leaks: 5L/min.

Thank you for your assistance.

Still Tired.
Post Reply Post Reply
Correction: 4/18 AHI was .40; 

Still Tired One
Post Reply Post Reply
Hello, again. I would like a little help fine tuning my flow limits. Please take a look recent OSCAR charts and advise. June 2 was a good night. Flow limits are getting lower, but I’m not there yet. June 1 was not so good. Still low flow limits.

What I’ve done differently:
Changed minimum pressure to 8 with EPR 3.
No soft cervical collar and focus on sleeping on my side. 

Over the years, I’ve observed that my sleep pattern is 2 or 3 days of feeling bad or exhausted, then 1 or 2 days of feeling very good. My good days are primarily because I am so tired the previous days. I, like everyone else, would like more quality days.
Thank you for the comments and advice.

Post Reply Post Reply

Hi.
Can some of you please advise if it is possible to tweak the current settings on my old AirSense 10 for Her (without soft mode) to lower my Flow Limits?

My current minimum pressure is 8 with an EPR of 3. Flow Limits stay in the .05/.06-95% category and a .19/.20 maximum range. Much better than when I first downloaded OSCAR. Still, I think my scores could be lower and as a result I would sleep better and feel better.

I’m eligible for a new machine in September. My pulmonologist has indicated he will go with just about whatever I suggest. One from this group has mentioned I might not qualify for a VAUTO with my low AHI. I am on Medicare.

I am not opposed to going rogue and getting a VAUTO myself, however if the new A11 would give me what I need, I would be happy with that. Therefore, can I finetune my current pressure and lower my Flow Limits to where I'm more comfortable.
Thank you in advance for your suggestions.

Still TiredOne
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Idea [CPAP] New to CPAP, Good So Far! TWINDAWN 2 68 Yesterday, 04:30 AM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  Need help to find a good Luna G3 pressure. johnathanb76 13 196 03-22-2024, 11:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  Good AHI but Low Tidal Volume and Minute Ventilation erolalper 1 146 03-15-2024, 07:57 AM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  Help me tweak some settings. Feeling tired again! dexterloki 6 254 03-14-2024, 09:00 PM
Last Post: dexterloki
  25 years of cpap, and still not working good Johan van der veen 2 175 03-08-2024, 10:15 AM
Last Post: Johan van der veen
  [Equipment] Not feeling rested/high flow limit on loaner CPAP LazerStallion 5 321 02-25-2024, 05:41 AM
Last Post: LazerStallion
Gross [Treatment] Waking up frequently and not feeling rested snoor 3 302 02-21-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: snoor

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.