Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6 days...when will I know?
RE: 6 days...when will I know?
(07-11-2015, 05:13 PM)mzdawn74 Wrote:
(07-11-2015, 04:35 PM)tedburnsIII Wrote: Don't blame the machine. It will do its part if you do yours. Blame most of your problems on sleep deprivation.

Also, some people feel great swiftly, other's it takes time and patience.

Best wishes and don't give up.

What makes the machine a 'brick' is perhaps less data capability than others. But that does not mean that the machine is not doing its job.

I am trying to help you. I've read all of your posts on the forum. You appear in a somewhat desperate state. Consider getting some help from your physician with prescribed medication to get you over the hump. You need to calm down and also get more sleep with CPAP.

I do have some ambien right now. It is from when I was hospitalized in April for suicide ideation. I was very overwhelmed then as I am now with my continued deteroriation. I don't think people understand how hard it is for me just to function in normal everyday tasks. I seems to get worse as the days progress. I thought the machine might help me get better sleep, stop the apneas, and I would feel better. That is not what's happening. Now I feel like not only can't I sleeo, but I have a machine that is nothing more than an inconvenient, cumbersome, uncomfortable, piece of crap. I don't know where to go, what to do, how to go about fixing any of this. Huh

Dawn,

I definitely understand as I have cognitive issues also which is a whole other post. For now, here are the most important steps for you to take.

1. Try ambien to see if that will help with your sleep.
2. Exchange machines so you get a fully data capable one. I would ask for the S10 autoset for her since it also measures upper respiratory disturbances which can be just as destructive to sleep as apneas/hypopneas.
3. Make sure you have the best mask for your situation. I forgot what the latest was with that.

If you want to PM me for support, feel free to do so.

Post Reply Post Reply
mzdawn74, I know you want a quick fix but there isn't one unfortunately, CPAP is a treatment not a cure and your body needs time to heal. I was in the same mental state as you 5 years ago just before being diagnosed and was in hospitalized as well. Just remember your not alone here, most of us on here have been through it in one form or another. Sleep Apnea is an awful illness and being deprived of oxygen to our vital organs like our brains really starts to play tricks with us.
Try and stay positive and talk to us when you need to, no one else knows or understands what your going through and how difficult it is.
Just remember it does get better over time unfortunately no one can tell you how long that is, in my case the depression, the foggy head all the other symptoms took about 3-6 months to start to lift but we are all different so will take different times. I hope your gets better sooner, good luck and just rest as much as you can.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2015, 04:56 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: mzdawn, the other thread has the best suggestions. It does take time to adjust and recover from the years of sleep disturbance that preceded your treatment. Be patient and things should get better.

Without data, the best thing you can do is to keep a daily diary of your sleep. Try to objectively "grade" the quality of your sleep and how you felt through the day. Note any arousals that you can recall and how you feel physically from day to day.

Monitoring your sleep patterns is very important in assessing the progress of sleep apnea treatment, especially without data. Grab a notebook and pen and set them on your nightstand for evening or morning recordings. You should document every nuance you observe regarding your sleeping habits, including:

How often you awaken during the night
Instances where your snoring is so loud that it wakes up you or your partner
Any shortness of breath or breathing irregularities
Note any use of alcohol, prescription drugs or health issues.
Any unusual symptoms, such as night sweats, anxiety, irritability, or insomnia
Characteristics that your partner observes, such as severity and loudness of snoring, tossing and turning, instances of halted breathing, and others
Effects of interrupted sleep manifested during the daytime, such as daytime drowsiness, inability to concentrate, and lack of energy.

A diary can help you and your doctor. We know your AHI is low, so now "how do you feel", needs to be documented day to day.

Such feelings are subjective, not objective, as to how well she has slept.

In any event, why put more pressure on this gal with all these notations?

Dawn, just notate how you feel each morning and during the course of the day and see if there's any correlation to what numbers the machine provides. I really don't know what info it gives you, though there's been reference in thread to at the least, AHI and Leak rate.

More importantly, you must sleep as long as possible through the night, and, with the machine.

Post Reply Post Reply
hi. we all showed up on this post, too. YOU WILL GET COGNITIVE ABILITY BACK. you will get relief from anxiety. you will be able to concentrate. you will be able to feel real joy.

you are sick. I am, too. it is, at the moment, defining us.

we are willing to argue with each other on your behalf. not ONE of us thinks you won't be helped by the treatment, not ONE thinks you are trapped in the current condition.

I can't wait to see you in the coming months, giving the same encouragement to someone new.

So, it isn't "just wait.", it's "just you wait and see!"

RG would have already told you how much the same we are.

QAL
Dedicated to QALity sleep.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-11-2015, 07:23 PM)quiescence at last Wrote: hi. we all showed up on this post, too. YOU WILL GET COGNITIVE ABILITY BACK. you will get relief from anxiety. you will be able to concentrate. you will be able to feel real joy.

you are sick. I am, too. it is, at the moment, defining us.

we are willing to argue with each other on your behalf. not ONE of us thinks you won't be helped by the treatment, not ONE thinks you are trapped in the current condition.

I can't wait to see you in the coming months, giving the same encouragement to someone new.

So, it isn't "just wait.", it's "just you wait and see!"

RG would have already told you how much the same we are.

QAL

I definitely don't want you guys arguing over me! But I understand why you did. Each of you has your own opinions as to what I need to make this work, and everyone is different, thus all of the various advice.

I trust and believe in all of your input, suggestions, and advice. Without this forum I don't know where I'd be right now. I have been given the greatest gift there is to someone in my condition..and that is hope.

I'm sorry you are going through this too..it is hell on earth. However with dedication, perserverance, and faith it will work and we will be on the other side. I can't wait to be the one offering advice to others. That day can't come soon enough for me.

Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply
mzdawn74,
QAL is correct. One day you will look back and be amazed that you are responding to someone's post and offering help. Smile

I've only been on CPAP 8 months, and I was a mess before treatment. Lack of sleep takes a toll on every part of your being.

Please let us know the outcome of your call to your doctor. Yes, I agree that you are receiving good treatment as far as getting low AHI numbers for now, but if that changes, without an APAP machine, you won't have the data available to you to try and figure out what you need to do.

The important thing here is don't give up. You'll have good days and not so good days, but it does get better. I'm glad you are here also. I never joined that other forum because of the behavior of some of the members.

Good luck!
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [CPAP] Starting therapy - 3 days in, help and recommendations joedes 0 21 1 hour ago
Last Post: joedes
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 10 1,213 Yesterday, 01:14 PM
Last Post: freakyfrog
  3 Days of Oscar Charts - Looking for advice Jakeb24 5 130 04-15-2024, 10:10 AM
Last Post: Jakeb24
Question Help! 40 days CPAP no symptom relief. What's wrong? cpapmj 2 122 04-14-2024, 02:16 AM
Last Post: Expat31
  Worried about insurance requirement to see doctor within 90 days NewlyDiagnosed 9 207 04-10-2024, 10:53 PM
Last Post: UnicornRider
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 457 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 367 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.