Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6 week follow up sleep doc appointment
Exclaimation 
6 week follow up sleep doc appointment
Huge smile from me after my appointment today. Just over 6 weeks since starting cpap and my sleep doc gave me a big thumbs up. AHI was 115 at my sleep study, now on cpap it's below 2 and compliance is good, a few issues in the first couple of weeks while I was getting the right mask sorted and adapting but 100% compliant since.

I've was a little worried about my leak rates but only a couple of nights have hit levels he thought were too high and he suggested that chasing those leaks is probably counter productive as it's not the norm overall and they are not bothering me as such, just making the leak rate graph a bit messier than I would like.

His words at the end: I don't need to see you again for follow up unless you think there is a problem. Some patients like to come in to have their data downloaded periodically but from talking to you today I think you are probably already doing that and doing it well, you are more than capable to monitor yourself so keep up the good work. When your new machine arrives feel free to come in & see our techs if you need any help or advice with set up.

So a huge thank you to everyone here who has answered my questions and the advice you have given others that I have read and benefitted from. It has made my transition to being a hose head so much easier than it may have otherwise been Thanks

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 week follow up sleep doc appointment
Good to see a doc impressed with patient empowerment
Well-done
Post Reply Post Reply
Great news Crist - and what a great doctor you have!
Post Reply Post Reply
My doc was 15 minutes late for the appointment (he walked past me in the waiting room from outside). He then didn't even offer any kind of apology after I was brought to the back 5 minutes later. The appointment was about 5 minutes long and he sent me on my way.

I didn't schedule a follow up.

Looks like you got a good one. Me, not so much.
Post Reply Post Reply
Well done Crist.
What a great report after six weeks. You are an inspiration to new users.
Also very lucky to have a good Doctor.
Keep up the good work.
Sleep Tight...
Gabby
Post Reply Post Reply
Very inspirational -- thanks for posting.
Post Reply Post Reply
(08-19-2014, 02:24 AM)Crist Wrote: His words at the end: I don't need to see you again for follow up unless you think there is a problem. Some patients like to come in to have their data downloaded periodically but from talking to you today I think you are probably already doing that and doing it well, you are more than capable to monitor yourself so keep up the good work. When your new machine arrives feel free to come in & see our techs if you need any help or advice with set up.

That is the best part.... You made it your business to educate yourself about this therapy and your condition, and your Doc recognized those efforts. Good job Crist, and good job Doc.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Crist,
WOOHOO! great job.!
You have a very good sleep doc, almost as rare as hens teeth.
CONTINUED SUCCESS.!
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
Way to to, Crist!!
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First week with CPAP Oscar - Adjustments phillyfan24 6 510 Yesterday, 08:14 PM
Last Post: phillyfan24
  New user OSCAR data after one week Everlong 2 108 03-26-2024, 09:04 AM
Last Post: Everlong
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  [NEW USER] First Week - Help Getting Oriented rarmstrong26 4 205 03-05-2024, 09:33 PM
Last Post: rarmstrong26
  Finding right mask- 1 week in GOIRISH65 3 226 03-02-2024, 06:22 PM
Last Post: DancesWithCats
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
  First week - One "good" night and waking up with mask off most nights ghost10 9 683 12-15-2023, 11:56 AM
Last Post: ghost10

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.