Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6 weeks into this - about to buy 4th mask, tuning.
6 weeks into this - about to buy 4th mask, tuning.
Wow, had to look it up: my machine was only delivered Dec 9th 2015, feels like much longer!

To start: dramatic benefits since night 1, in terms of mental clarity. On a scale of 1-10, over more than a decade, I went from a 3 to a 7. HUGE.

Still somewhat tired but completely different level and maybe because of fighting gear lots at night.

So this is all about how to make it even better.

First mask was a Whisp, hard to sleep on sides.

Bought a Nuance pillow, love it except it pushes a bit much on the nostrils for me maybe an in-between-sizes thing. Still excellent.

So bought a Dreamwear - really ideal, the tube positioning is the best, not intrusive and this one overall is a big winner. Quiet and great. Still because of the pillow design I'm waking up too many times to adjust when turning on my sides, its fit does not have much latitude. Still great concept so this is the one I wore the longest.

2 days ago went back to the Nuance and right away felt fantastic, great on sides, unfortunately still minor nostril issues but breathing and fit is perfect regardless of restlessness. Except for the tube on the nose, UGH!!!

Does anyone make a Dreamwear style mask (tube from top) (yes, not nose to head loop) that has a Nuance-like nose piece?

Else I will order a P10 now as my 4th mask hoping it can alleviate that gap.

Thanks in advance.

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 weeks into this - about to buy 4th mask, tuning.
'bout the only comment I can make is that I went from FX for her to P10 and never looked back - but if you really like the over the head thing, I don't like the P10 in that config... makes the vents vent in a direction I don't like Smile YMMV

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing:
  • Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
  • let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars
  • gently suck to form a light vacuum

Practising during the day can help you to keep it at night

هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه هههههه  هههههه
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6 weeks into this - about to buy 4th mask, tuning.
For me the small flexible hose on the P10 just disappears when I sleep on my side. As I recall the Swift FX included a clip that could attach the hose to the top of the headgear, but that was a fixed connection and didn't work out for me.

Hey! Once you find "The One", you'll have a lot to look forward to. We all go through this to one degree or another.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Need some tuning I think timthebaker 6 184 Yesterday, 11:22 AM
Last Post: timthebaker
  Can someone take a look at my OSCAR results? 3-4 weeks of CPAP & still improvements senseisaitama 5 134 03-24-2024, 10:43 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
Question Oscar Help - Analysis after 3 Weeks, Improvements! ef8mk 7 326 03-24-2024, 03:43 PM
Last Post: ef8mk
  [Health] RESMED APAP tuning sleeper2460 10 577 03-18-2024, 08:43 AM
Last Post: sleeper2460
  Trialing a Dreamstation (2?) for 4 weeks NeedSleepPlease 46 1,510 03-12-2024, 05:05 PM
Last Post: NeedSleepPlease
  2 weeks in. Mask leak and flow limit Jojo1982 11 680 02-22-2024, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Jojo1982
  Help with CPAP tuning for a noob arjaydev 1 235 02-08-2024, 08:36 AM
Last Post: Old Steve

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.