Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6 years with sleep apnea-still struggling
RE: 6 years with sleep apnea-still struggling
(04-12-2017, 12:36 PM)Cranberry Ray Wrote: Latest results look much better. I think Sleeprider's suggestion of turning EPR off would still be worth trying to see if they either reduce or eliminate the CA's your having. This would depend on your comfort level. Your minimum pressure is 11 which should allow you to exhale without to much difficulty but the important thing is to make sure it's comfortable enough so that you continue to use your CPAP. This would not require changing the actual prescribed pressure settings, just adjusting a comfort feature.

Hello, Cranberry Ray,

I've not tinkered with my machine and am not sure how to turn EPR off. I would be willing to give it a try Dont-know. I can live with the pressure settings as is. I have used my CPAP for nearly six years and remain 100% compliant, so I don't plan to give up. Thanks to this board and SH software, I'm much more interested in tracking the daily statistics.
Post Reply Post Reply
EPR settings are adjustable without entering the provider menu. Just look in My Options under the comfort settings. You can set EPR to OFF or 1-3, and whether it is full time or only during ramp. These are user-settable because they are not considered therapy settings...I would somewat disagree.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-12-2017, 01:45 PM)Sleeprider Wrote: EPR settings are adjustable without entering the provider menu.  Just look in My Options under the comfort settings.  You can set EPR to OFF or 1-3, and whether it is full time or only during ramp.  These are user-settable because they are not considered therapy settings...I would somewat disagree.

Thanks, Sleeprider,

I'll definitely look into that Thanks
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 217 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
Sad [Treatment] Struggling to treat UARS with BIPAP Humancyclone7 0 60 Yesterday, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Humancyclone7
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 348 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 608 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 287 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie
  Obstructive Sleep Apnea After Stroke Help MB123 1 74 03-23-2024, 01:08 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Dental appliance for sleep apnea???? mrpat 4 123 03-23-2024, 08:54 AM
Last Post: mrpat

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.