Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

60 Days -Lesson Learned
60 Days -Lesson Learned
I just hit my 60th Night on therapy and would like to say thank you to the forum-I was very frustrated when I found the forum; googling for some help.

Here are my lessons learned from my first two posts:
My first post was: 01-25-2016, Reason Frustration
On a scale of 0-10 for finding help/answers
Hospital-0
Allergy & Asthma Centers-0
Sleep Study/Sleep Center 1
DMEprovider-1
Respiratory Thereapist-2
Primary Car Doctor-3
Encocronologist-3
ENT-5
People I know on CPAP therapy-7
Apnea Board-10
Other CPAP forums-8
Best advice-OpalRose --Thanks
First, order the Provider (Clinicians Manual) for your machine. See link top of page (CPAP Setup Manuals.)
Then download the free Sleepyhead Software, see top of page also.
Once you download your data from your SD card to Sleepyhead, we will be able to help and advise you.

Second post was 02-13-2016, 08:18 PM Reason- Dehydrated
Lesson learned
Eliminating leaks to reduce total Air Flow
Run humidifier at highest tolerable level
The body adjust in time like any new exercise or injury 4-6 weeks
Tonged and Month position is important
Best advice-DariaVader Thanks
Tongue Suck Technique for prevention of mouth breathing: •Place your tongue behind your front teeth on the roof of your mouth
•let your tongue fill the space between the upper molars

First 60 days
Felt like CRAP for the first 6 weeks
Last two weeks noticeable improvement-
Can't say I feel better than when I started but at lease I know longer feel worse on the days I use the Machine

2004-Bon Jovi
it'll take more than a doctor to prescribe a remedy

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 60 Days -Lesson Learned
Orangebear,
Thanks for the feedback and to let us know how you are doing. like

Just realize that some feel improvement right from the start, and others may take several months to tweak everything and to feel good. Also, you will have good days and a few bad days along the way. Just don't give up, it's a journey.
OpalRose
Apnea Board Administrator
www.apneaboard.com

Soft Cervical Collar
Optimizing therapy
OSCAR supported machines
Mask Primer

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE.  ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA.  INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
congrats on 60 day's and no longer feeling worse with treatment.

took me about the same amount of time. hope you continue to see improvements.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 05:33 PM)Rob S Wrote: congrats on 60 day's and no longer feeling worse with treatment.

I see you've been doing it a few months longer, do you find it makes you feel better now?

Do you do the therapy every night?Dancing
2004-Bon Jovi

Observations and recommendations communicated here are the perceptions of the writer and should not be misconstrued as medical advice.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 07:18 PM)0rangebear Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 05:33 PM)Rob S Wrote: congrats on 60 day's and no longer feeling worse with treatment.

I see you've been doing it a few months longer, do you find it makes you feel better now?

i think in general i'm feeling better, improvements might be slow and steady at this point and because of that maybe less noticeable? i sleep much more now but still fragmented(2-4 hour segments, 2-6 times a day). a big plus is i'm no longer terrified to fall asleep and actually look forward to putting my mask on and sleeping as much as i possibly can.
i use my machine every time i sleep the entire time. the 1 time i was stranded away from home for a night (car broke down) i chose not to sleep at all. the fear of not breathing, like before i started treatment was just to strong.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi 0rangebear,
It's great to hear that you are noticing improvements with CPAP therapy, keep up the good work.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 07:39 PM)Rob S Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 07:18 PM)0rangebear Wrote:

i think in general i'm feeling better, improvements might be slow and steady at this point and because of that maybe less noticeable? i sleep much more now but still fragmented(2-4 hour segments, 2-6 times a day). a big plus is i'm no longer terrified to fall asleep and actually look forward to putting my mask on and sleeping as much as i possibly can.
i use my machine every time i sleep the entire time. the 1 time i was stranded away from home for a night (car broke down) i chose not to sleep at all. the fear of not breathing, like before i started treatment was just to strong.

I know it is none of my business but why were you terrified to fall asleep?
2004-Bon Jovi

Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 10:41 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I know it is none of my business but why were you terrified to fall asleep?

because i always woke up with a full blown panic attack, sweating and gasping for air.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-07-2016, 10:47 PM)Rob S Wrote:
(03-07-2016, 10:41 PM)0rangebear Wrote: I know it is none of my business but why were you terrified to fall asleep?

because i always woke up with a full blown panic attack, sweating and gasping for air.

That would be terrifying! Oh-jeez, I hope the therapy has eliminated that experience. No wonder you use it every night. That would be a hugh motivator.

2004-Bon Jovi

Post Reply Post Reply
it has. current 30 day average AHI 0.5 all hypopnea and all just barely long enough to be flagged.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] New User; Fine Tuning- First 3 Days of Data jgthegrouch 9 404 01-16-2024, 02:25 PM
Last Post: jgthegrouch
  Abdominal pain from open mouth. 4 days Neo2020 1 325 01-03-2024, 04:40 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [CPAP] Bad O2 days with APAP? ikwtif 23 1,717 11-21-2023, 04:38 PM
Last Post: BeautifulDay
  [Treatment] Three days using Soft Cervical Collar, AHI 6.73, 4.81, 22.28; makes sense? Aldiorg 9 891 11-15-2023, 12:47 PM
Last Post: staceyburke
  Airsense 11 doesn't write SD data on some days only chipschap 7 662 10-07-2023, 04:14 PM
Last Post: chipschap
  Persistent micro arousals? first few days on ResMed after switch from Philips. manders513 9 1,078 05-18-2023, 01:22 PM
Last Post: manders513
Wink [CPAP] SD CARD NOT SHOWING RECENT 12 DAYS * SOLVED * Samultra 1 481 05-12-2023, 10:18 AM
Last Post: PeaceLoveAndPizza

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.