Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

60 Second OA
60 Second OA
Overall my therapy seems to work well but I have had a couple of really long obstructive apneas.  Most have been in the 30 to 40 second range but recently I had one that lasted 60 seconds.  The inspiration afterwards was very long too.  I tried a CMS-50F oxygen monitor but couldn't get it to link with Windows PC.  Do I need higher pressure and/or an oxygen monitor?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 60 Second OA
Post a F12 of Daily > Details section of OSCAR as well.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Oops.  Should have posted.

Post Reply Post Reply
Pretty awesome looking flow limitations and you are at the maximum pressure all night. My suggestion: Minimum pressure 9.0, Maximum pressure 15.0 EPR full-time at 3. This will give you pressures ranging from 9.0/6.0 (Inhale/Exhale) to 15.0/12.0. This is not a particularly high range of pressure but will help with the airway resistance that is in this chart. The cluster of events where your long apnea occurred could be positional chin-tucking. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...onal_Apnea
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
You are up against your Max Pressure. Which is why your Obstructions are everywhere. You can see in the Pressure Graph everything is on the ceiling. The machine needs more pressure but it cant give it to you.

Change the Max Pressure to 12

Let's try that.

More reading here to help
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy

Also on the same Detail area scroll the left part to the bottom so we can see machine settings.
http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ng_therapy

Agree with Sleep Rider 9-15 is fine.
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Here are machine settings...

Post Reply Post Reply
Along with what's been mentioned for setting edits, I'll add 2 others that should be worked in. Although your Ramp appears to be in auto, you're giving yourself minimum pressure of 4. This can allow events to occur during Ramp, it can be uncomfortable as you might feel air starved, and some are sensitive to the pressure change from Ramp to therapy. I would consider increasing that to 6 or 7 and shortening the time to maybe 15-20 minutes. Eventually you'll not need Ramp.

Second thing, EPR is at 1 full-time. Consider changing that to progressively trying 2 then 3 to see how that changes things. Do watch that CA don't increase a lot though.

These 2 edits come after the pressure edit above. The Contec CMS50F needs a program to read the data. I did a web search to run mine, forgot what it was. Try a search for Contec CMS50F SpO2 Assistant, see what it yields.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Did we try the setting changes? Can we get a new OSCAR shot if so?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-14-2021, 10:21 AM)trbeau Wrote: I tried a CMS-50F oxygen monitor but couldn't get it to link with Windows PC.

Look for a QR code on a sticker underneath the cover of the box... I found it after I sent a message to Contec tech support, and got the following charming text message in response to the message that I sent:

Quote:Hi, you started a chat with CONTEC and left your number. They sent a response that you can reply to here. If you prefer not to get texts, reply with STOP.
Dear friend,nice day!

Thank you very much for choosing our product!

Here is the website and index code of the software,please download it online.

http://www.dlsoftw.com
Index code:01XVF019

Hope it helps!
Kind regards!

Me:

Quote:Thank you! I got the information in the email. And also a friend pointed out the sticker with the QR code on the box inside lid.

You should put another sticker above the QR code sticker that says "DOWNLOAD SOFTWARE HERE" in large type. This would help future customers realize what they should do.

Quote:Again, thank you!
Dear friend,thank you for your precious suggestions. I will make relevant suggestions with my company

The software is a little obscure to run. When you launch the software it comes up with a panel with two large buttons -- on the left looks like a 9-pin serial cable, right looks like a file icon. Plug the Contec into the PC using the usb cable, push the power button on the contec -- it should mount on the pc at that point. Push the button on the left, which will scan for the device. After it finds it, it will appear on the list. There's a check box underneath labeled "View device stored data only". Check off the box and hit the Connect button. Next a panel comes up listing the start times and lengths of each session, with check boxes. It looks like you can exclude/include sessions from the data export with the buttons, but it doesn't work, you get them all. Click through that, and the join panel comes up if there were more than one session.
It's probably obscure where the SpO2 files end up. (I'm running windows in a Parallels virtual machine on my mac, so my setup is more complicated and I'm not sure what happens on a real windows machine.) Go to the File browser and use search on *.SpO2 and look for a file just written.
Post Reply Post Reply
Yes, thank you.  I tried new settings AND a collar.  Bought a 3M Futuro collar at CVS Pharmacy.  Adjustability was simple and effective.
Three nights worth of screenshots show steady improvement in AHI from 3.5. 2.1 to 1.1.  Dramatic change!
7-15-21 First night of new settings and collar
7-16-21 Second night of new settings and collar
7-17-21 Third night of new settings (last night)
Exciting to see numbers respond downward.
Still working/thinking about O2 monitor.
Thanks for instructions on setting up CONTEC, I tried most or all of those suggestions.  Bought through WalMart and they took back with no questions.  I use Linux and my wife uses an older Windows machine updated to Windows 10.  Her machine refused to recognize the CONTEC.  After lots of research, reading and attempts, we returned the device.
If numbers stay down in the range I saw last night, there's less need for monitoring O2.
Thanks again.

Here are new machine settings.

Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.