Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

60 Second OA
RE: 60 Second OA
Yes looking good. You are not hitting you max pressure so that is good. Looks like the collar helped the positional apnea (chin tucking.)

Let's work on moving ramp to off. So start decreasing the time OR try turning it off.
Let's keep an eye on the Max pressure we might want to bump it up to 13. Just make sure you have the pressure you need. Your highest max was 11.90 which is really close to 12.
You might try the Wellue O2Ring Wearable Sleep Monitor. It works with OSCAR but is a Manual upload. I dont have one but it is on the supported list. http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php..._Oximeters

How are you feeling over all?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
I haven't felt much different overall. Still like a nap most afternoons.
Didn't feel bad before. I had sleep study due to Afib.
Post Reply Post Reply

Progress Report for 60 Second OA
Thanks to those who have contributed to the thread about numerous, long OA's I've experienced.

I finally broke down and bought a 3-M Futuro Adjustable Cervical Collar at CVS Pharmacy for $20.  For those concerned about sleeping in a cervical collar, I forget I have it on when I get up.

The first few nights of wearing the collar I saw almost no reduction in OA's or AHI's because I was wearing the collar too loosely.  I was following cautions published in other threads about making sure collar didn't press against the front of my throat.  When I wore it loosely the tip of my chin would drop down inside the collar, allowing chin tuck, consequent airway restrictions and OA's.

When I got the collar adjusted appropriately, my OA's dropped dramatically to almost zero and my AHI dropped from 2.9 to under 1.0.  These are the lowest numbers I've had since starting CPAP therapy in late February of 2021.

Attachments are current machine settings, almost empty event flag graph and machine setting history.

I honestly didn't think I would see numbers this low.  Thanks again.
Post Reply Post Reply
Congrats on the improvement. How do you feel after sleep sessions with low numbers like this?
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 11:17 AM)trbeau Wrote: Progress Report for 60 Second OA

WOOHOO....Touchdown.
like like Well-done

Lets go a week and check back in.  How are you feeling?
Thank you,
Brent aka Factor

Just a Regular guy.
My untreated AHI was 87.  You can do it hang in there.
"You can if you will"   Jerry Kramer

Got OSCAR?
Organize Charts
Optimizing Therapy

My Story
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool

You got it. Persistence pays off, and comfort issues are usually just a change in the model of collar you use.  Glad to see these results.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-23-2021, 11:17 AM)trbeau Wrote: Progress Report for 60 Second OA

I read the entire thread from beginning to end and it appears to me that the collar has done more for you than your machine.
Just out of interest, are you planning to sleep with just the collar and no machine in order to add "control factor" to your experiment?
Just curious.
Post Reply Post Reply
FWIW, I think soft cervical collars make a huge difference for some individuals in therapy results. I do not consider them to be the only solution to obstructive sleep apnea, and especially where we see a persistent need for positive air pressure over 10 cm, even with the collar, as in this case. The SCC is a part of treatment regimen that enhances CPAP and EPR to improve therapy results. It is not a replacement in most cases.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.