Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Noisy Resmed Airsense 10
Noisy Resmed Airsense 10
New to the forum. I've been in therapy 11 months with great success. But, around midnight last night my Resmed Airsense 10 began making a loud wheezing noise near the intake filter door. Reseating door, filter, hose or tank did not help. This is new, and kept my wife and I awake. I've  seen references here to DME. What is that, and is this machine broken?
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Noisy Resmed Airsense 10
DME refers to durable medical equipment. I had a ResMed S9 machine that started making the wheezing noise intermittently. It turned out to be the bearings going out on the machine. I bought a gently used machine from
Supplier #2 and it has worked fine since then. Since your machine is not yet one year old, I would call the place
where you got it and explain your problem. They should listen to you and fix your problem.
Post Reply Post Reply
The definition of DME can change depending on the context in which it is used. It is also used in reference to providers of durable medical equipment.
Useful Links
Download OSCAR
Organize your OSCAR and SleepyHead charts
Attaching images and files to posts

Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi Bubwir,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
Since your machine is under warranty, you should call the place where you got it and let them know of your problem.
Hang in there for more responses to your post and good luck to you with CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Question New CPAP User - Help Please - ResMed Airsense 11 Autoset Pawpri 21 389 14 minutes ago
Last Post: Pawpri
Angry ResMed AirSense 10 Burn Smell bsullivan 69 25,724 Yesterday, 05:18 PM
Last Post: fixed it
  From DreamStation to AirSense 10 or AirSense 11 xaid 7 613 03-20-2024, 04:57 PM
Last Post: labrat
  Semi-permanently disabling modem in ResMed Airsense 10 Sleep87 109 67,600 03-19-2024, 11:27 PM
Last Post: ivanvargas1
  [Equipment] ResMed AirSense 11 compatible pulse oximeters timtaller 63 25,768 03-16-2024, 11:27 AM
Last Post: e727147
  What happens when SD card fills? - Resmed Airsense 10 Craigtech 1 227 03-10-2024, 04:12 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Setting time and date on Resmed Airsense 10 cmadon 42 32,176 03-08-2024, 09:13 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.