Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems [Guy]
64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems [Guy]
Given the success people have had with getting the 64GB Toshiba Flashair card to work, I thought I would try the same.  I have a W-04 Type 3 64 GB card.

No joy!

I expected that when I inserted the card in my computer, it would create a SD_WLAN directory.  It did not.  I tried creating one and copying a known-working CONFIG file in.  No surprise to find that didn't work and the network password was not changed to asterisks.

The card's wifi network comes up, but there is no response when I connect to it except for a button that says "Start" and which is non-responsive.

The Toshiba software update tool (I tried several for W-04 that I found on the net) reports that the card is not a FlashAir card.

I'm try to make sure the card works at all before I worry about the FAT32 issue.

Next, I looked at the partition table on the card, expecting to see one hidden partition and one visible partition.  No joy again -- there was only one partition and it is 59.63 GB in size.  Can someone confirm positively that there should be two partitions on a new card -- one hidden and one visible?  I don't see two partitions on my 32 GB FlashAir card.

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24925]

Here is what my 32 GB card partition table looks like:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=24926]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems [Guy]
I haven’t looked at the partition structure but the blue page with a start button is correct. That is what you get when the SD card has no SD_WLAN directory on it. I would expect only one partition formatted as exFAT as your seems to be. Did you reformat the SD card ? I would try and start again format the card with fat32 maybe with one partition slightly less than 32gb in size as you will need fat 32 for the APAP
Post Reply Post Reply
Is it normal for nothing to happen when you click on the Start button?

No, I did not reformat the card.  Nor have I put it in a CPAP machine; only in my computer's SD slot.  I wanted to get the WiFi configuration working first, so I could then copy everything and be prepared to handle the FAT32 issue.
Useful links

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
Clicking the start button did nothing for me. If there is files for the card it will show them instead
Post Reply Post Reply
I put some files on the card, and connecting via WiFi just shows the Start button and not the files.
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
I had to initialize the card with the FlashAirTool app which is part of the Configuration Software download.  It's separate from the firmware update tool.
https://jp.toshiba-memory.com/ww/support/

I successfully used mine as formatted as 64GB fat32, and 32GB fat32.

These are the notes I made for the process on my Mac.  Should be similar for Windows.

.pdf   FlashAir.pdf (Size: 114.49 KB / Downloads: 25)
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Right, that is what I am trying to do. The FlashAirTool keeps reporting that the card is not a FlashAir card.

Did you also run the firmware update tool? How did that go?
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply
The firmware update tool worked as expected.  It brought the firmware up to 4.00.04

I don't recall having the problem of not recognizing it as a valid FlashAir card, but I do vaguely remember another member having the same problem.  Not sure what the fix was but they eventually got it working.

I formatted my card about a dozen times (using Mac, Win10, Linux, and my ResMed) during my testing and it worked each time .  I used the built in SD card reader in my laptop so I don't know if an external reader makes any difference.  It shouldn't, but who knows.

Don't know if this will help either but the SD Association has SD Card formatting software (free) that I used also:
https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter/index.html
Jeff8356

MacBook Air (2017, Intel) | macOS Monterey (12.7) | OSCAR v1.5.1 | VM = Win10/Win11 |
How to Links:
Installing OSCAR on a Mac
Organizing your OSCAR charts
Attaching screenshots and files for the forum
OSCAR Help
OSCAR - The Guide

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is giving me flashbacks! I went through all this in the past month.  My card did have 2 partitions the first 16MB was unallocated. See post 72 of this thread. I also described my process here. I hit the problem of where the card is not recognized as a flashair card many times. To get around this, I was sometimes able to copy the SD_WLAN directory over, and it would work or I had to re-image the card and then it would become recognizable again. I went through two cards. I emailed Kioxia with the first and they told me it was defective and to return it. I had gotten it off Amazon and they sent a new card. While waiting for it, I continued with the first to find it was not defective, but my errors. I did talk to Kioxia support and was told there were 2 partitions on the card and the unallocated was where their code was. I took the approach you did on the second card, ie didn't put in my DS until I got it working out-of-the-box. BTW, both cards were identical and both ended up working fine.

Seeing that you have never formatted it in your computer or CPAP machine and you cannot get the flashair tool to recognize, your card might be defective. I am running the W03 firmware. I was never able to get the W04 firmware to update my card. Once I got it all working, I did not want to chance it. I have a .img of my original card. I did this on Mac OS X, but should be able to use on Windows or anything else with the right tools. Once you have no where else to turn before returning it, you are more than welcome to try it.

Good luck!
Post Reply Post Reply
My card has only 1 partition (according to MiniTool Partition program, Windows disk management, or Acronis backup). Neither FW W03, FW W04, nor the configuration program recognize the card as a FlashAir card. The only hope that it's not completely dead is that the FlashAir network comes up, even if it doesn't do anything.

I wonder if I got a returned card that someone else had hosed?

Yes, I'd like to try your .img file. Thanks!
Useful links

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 62 03-27-2024, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,932 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 671 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,257 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 610 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 646 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,213 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.