Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems [Guy]
RE: 64Gb FlashAir WiFi Setup Problems [Guy]
(07-26-2020, 02:38 PM)GuyScharf Wrote: My card has only 1 partition (according to MiniTool Partition program, Windows disk management, or Acronis backup).  Neither FW W03, FW W04, nor the configuration program recognize the card as a FlashAir card.  The only hope that it's not completely dead is that the FlashAir network comes up, even if it doesn't do anything.

I wonder if I got a returned card that someone else had hosed?

Yes, I'd like to try your .img file.  Thanks!

I'm compressing it now. Couldn't find anywhere to host a 64GB file. FWIW, I only re-imaged with the original and not a zipped version. Once it is compressed, I'll pm you the link.
Post Reply Post Reply
Thank you for the img file. That solved the problem. It's clear the seller and sent me a card that had been reformatted -- probably a return from someone who could not figure out how to make it work.

With the image file set, it took me perhaps 10 minutes to update the configuration and have a working card.

Reformatting took a couple of tries, along with image restores, as I figured out exactly what was going on. It turns out the Flashair software is not in a hidden partition but rather just in an "unallocated" area at the beginning of the card. The one partition has been installed to start further into the card. If you delete the partition and create a new one, the new partition starts at the beginning of the card, wiping out the Flashair software.

While there are ways to start a partition somewhere other than at the beginning of the disk, I ended up using the MiniTool partition manager and reformated the existing, img-restored partition and resized it to about 32 GB. (The only reason I bought a 64GB card was that it was cheaper than a smaller card.) I put it in an Autoset, read it from FlashPap, and everything was fine.
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
You're welcome, glad you got it to work. You actually got me on the right track. Like you, my 64GB was overkill, but cheapest I could find. I'm using SleepMaster, but got Flashpap to work also. I mess around a lot with java (versions 1.8 to 14). 1.8 is the only release I have JavaFX (required by Flashpap) running in, so SleepMaster is more convenient as it will run on any java I have running at the moment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 02:26 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:   (The only reason I bought a 64GB card was that it was cheaper than a smaller card.) 

Hi Guy,
I just looked up the FlashAir cards on Amazon.  The 64G card is under $30.  A 16G card is over $100.  The smaller cards will be more expensive as they become more obsolete.
A.Becker
PAPing in NE Ohio, with a pack of Cairn terriers
Post Reply Post Reply
(07-27-2020, 07:48 PM)becker44a Wrote:
(07-27-2020, 02:26 PM)GuyScharf Wrote:   (The only reason I bought a 64GB card was that it was cheaper than a smaller card.) 

Hi Guy,
I just looked up the FlashAir cards on Amazon.  The 64G card is under $30.  A 16G card is over $100.  The smaller cards will be more expensive as they become more obsolete.

Good to know the 64gb cards work.
I've recommended the A10 and Flashair to a number of people, had a bit of sticker shock when I saw how much the 32gb cards had gotten to be.

Wow... 64gb... not sure I'm going to live that long Too-funny
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
I'm looking also and the cost is unreal.  Question - could you use the EZ share card and just transfer files to the computer then use those files on OSCAER?
Apnea (80-100%) 10 seconds, Hypopnea (50-80%) 10 seconds, Flow Limits (0-50%) not timed  Cervical Collar - Dealing w DME - Chart Organizing
Post Reply Post Reply
EZ Share cards won't work for this application. Confused Sorry!
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Bumping this one.
Has anyone found an alternative to the old Toshiba cards?
Every now and then, I'll be chatting with someone new to CPAP, and refer them to OSCAR, but like most of us, moving the card from the machine to the computer is a hassle, and I'd have concerns about wear on the machine's card slot with repeated use.
-- Rich
Links to Download OSCAR here
OSCAR Installation and Setup

Using Attachments to Post Images on Apnea Board

INFORMATION ON FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply
After my post above, biorn, created a script that will work with the ez-Share card. Here is the link to that thread, http://www.apneaboard.com/forums/Thread-...todownload.

- Red
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [split] OSCAR v1.5.2 is Install Problems millerdq 1 51 Yesterday, 03:29 PM
Last Post: LoudSnorer
  [EzShare SDcard wifi] Script to autodownload biorn 186 24,900 03-26-2024, 10:50 PM
Last Post: PappaJoe
  Flashair - Dreamstation -> Airsense 11 Autoset todivefor 14 668 02-28-2024, 07:22 PM
Last Post: Crimson Nape
  [split] FYSETC SD Wifi - Possible FlashAir Replacement Psikic 131 21,241 01-12-2024, 11:59 AM
Last Post: scowell
Question Is there a way of formatting a 64gb SD card to work with the AirCurve 10? niurefine 4 608 01-09-2024, 05:28 PM
  WiFi SD Card for AirSense and OSCAR Stillglade 1 643 01-08-2024, 03:00 PM
  Language setup magborges 5 1,210 12-27-2023, 06:34 AM
Last Post: leono85

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.