Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

6th night AHI = 10.19
6th night AHI = 10.19
Hi all. Last night was my 6th night on CPAP. Here are some stats:

sept 30 | 2 hours | hai 31.08 | 95% = 11
Oct 1 | 7.17 hrs | hai 15.91 | 95% = 13.2
Oct 2 | 7.02 hrs | hai 11.65 | 95% = 10.5
Oct 3 | 6.54 hrs | ahi 9.85 | 95% = 10.2
Oct 4 | 6.41 hrs | ahi 7.32 | 95% = 11.5
Oct 5 | 8.32 hrs | ahi 10.19 | 95% = 11.6

I am on auto for the next week and then will be set to CPAP from APAP. Min starts at pressure of 8. I really love Sleepyhead because it allows me to look at trends and become empowered to address my sleep disorder.

I have attached a screenshot of last night and the AHI date range between Sept 30 and Oct 5. Any thoughts?

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 6th night AHI = 10.19
Wayne, when you look at the apnea clusters, do they seem to appear at the same times each night? I see one early at 10:40, another cluster around 1:30-2:30 and then increasing events towards morning. The summary stats show pretty good consistency, and hopefully the number of events will continue to trend downward, but still a very high level of mixed events. If your machine were to switch to fixed pressure today, you'd be right around 10.5-11.0 pressure. I'm wondering if you have tried any alternate Flex levels, or Flex off?
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(10-06-2016, 09:22 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: Wayne, when you look at the apnea clusters, do they seem to appear at the same times each night? I see one early at 10:40, another cluster around 1:30-2:30 and then increasing events towards morning. The summary stats show pretty good consistency, and hopefully the number of events will continue to trend downward, but still a very high level of mixed events. If your machine were to switch to fixed pressure today, you'd be right around 10.5-11.0 pressure. I'm wondering if you have tried any alternate Flex levels, or Flex off?

Hi Sleeprider. I am not sure what Flex levels are? Thanks Smile
Post Reply Post Reply
On your machine, I think you have Cflex+ and may have Aflex. The setting is a range of 1 to 3, with the higher setting offering more exhale pressure reduction by reducing flow in proportion to your exhale force. Flex, reduces pressure during exhale, and returns the pressure to the CPAP setting by the end of exhale. Sometimes this reduction contributes to CA events, and my question was to inquire if you had tried a setting of 1 or off. You are currently set at 3 from what I can see on your graphs. On the pressure graph, there are two lines. The top one is IPAP pressure and the bottom one is EPAP pressure. With lower Cflex values those lines are closer together.

I don't know if it will help or not, but it would be interesting to see a session with Cflex off or at 1. Unless the number of events come down on their own, I think you will need to be evaluated for an alternative PAP therapy, but I thought it might help to see of the IPAP/EPAP pressure difference contributes or has any influence at all on the types and numbers of events.
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  First night with hose cover, night was full of major mask leaks TiredTom111 2 849 06-30-2023, 01:44 PM
Last Post: TiredTom111
  Hello folks, here is my graph from last night and night before Phil487 5 897 06-15-2023, 02:05 PM
Last Post: OpalRose
  Great Night into Terrible Night dcsleep 1 1,109 12-15-2020, 12:05 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] AHI varies from night to night KKBW 6 1,340 07-31-2020, 10:29 PM
Last Post: Gideon
  New to CPAP - First Night Great, Second Night not so much oasised 22 3,233 07-24-2020, 10:26 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Here is my data from 3rd night and Friday night slingshot383 16 2,252 05-25-2020, 05:35 AM
Last Post: slingshot383
Question One night AHI 0, next night leaks and high AHI. MyronH 7 2,201 09-29-2018, 09:29 AM
Last Post: MyronH

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.