Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

7 year old newly diagnosed with sleep apnea
RE: 7 year old newly diagnosed with sleep apnea
(04-13-2018, 12:23 PM)mopr Wrote: Thanks Mogy! I actually tried magnesium glycinate for a bit and it made me super jumpy and I could not fall asleep which was so weird. I was wondering if magnesium would relax things in the throat more and cause more 'collapsing'/apneas. Not sure if that makes sense.

@Hydrangea - if you don't mind, how did you find that calcium was missing? We have had the blood test for calcium which showed he was at the high end for calcium. That in itself was so bizarre because he was on the low end about 8 months ago and we have been dairy free since then but his blood work showed high but normal calcium! The one nutritionist I talked to said blood calcium levels are not that trustworthy but I had not heard that one before. She says no matter what the tests say, since he is dairy free, I should be supplementing with calcium. So confusing!

And of course, more than a billion people ie the chinese race do not take dairy. And they do not represent as low in calcium.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2018, 02:56 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: And of course, more than a billion people ie the chinese race do not take dairy. And they do not represent as low in calcium.

Actually they suffer a higher rate of osteoporosis due to a lack of calcium in their the diet. Rolleyes
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Yeah that is in middle age and older when others also suffer. There are many factors for osteoporosis one of them being slender in form which most asians are.
Sleepyhead in 5 easy steps

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(04-14-2018, 02:56 AM)Apnea Infant Wrote: And of course, more than a billion people ie the chinese race do not take dairy. And they do not represent as low in calcium.

And not to mention, where does the calcium in dairy food come from? After all cattle are strict vegetarians. Calcium is an element and cannot be created by chemistry, so the calcium in dairy foods must come from plants.
Ed Seedhouse
VA7SDH

Part cow since February 2018.

Trust your mind less and your brain more.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Smile Questions for newly diagnosed Schernenk 21 361 6 hours ago
Last Post: Schernenk
  Apnea has gotten worse recently, I have no sleep study, can I just buy a cpcp? replayablecontent 12 234 Yesterday, 12:38 PM
Last Post: replayablecontent
  Just Diagnosed - Advice Required on What to Purchase Dazkd1969 0 58 Yesterday, 12:06 PM
Last Post: Dazkd1969
  Collars for positional sleep apnea Jimasripper 17 351 03-25-2024, 10:05 PM
Last Post: Deborah K.
  Help - 1 year CPAP - not success - help very welcome! leono85 41 2,618 03-25-2024, 09:32 AM
Last Post: Macka
  Invisalign to help sleep apnea and dental extractions as a cause of sleep apnea SingleH 10 613 03-24-2024, 07:00 PM
Last Post: stevew168
  Sleep Apnea or Something Else? RoughriderTR 6 291 03-23-2024, 04:43 PM
Last Post: ButtonNoseBarbie

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.