Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

Leaks! A question with no answer
Ohmy 
Leaks! A question with no answer
A  problem with pillows is mouth breathing or leaks. Common wisdom says if you have mouth breathing or leaks switching to a Full Face Mask is called for. Based on that logic I purchased a Resmed F20 Air Touch for backup in case of a cold.

The past few days I've tried to use the FFM and found that breathing through the mouth causes leaks at the bottom of the mask due to jaw slack. The common wisdom for that type of leak is to use a cervical collar or a strap to keep the mouth closed.

If your using a FFM over a pillow type mask because of a cold or stuffed nose and you can't breath through your mouth because of leaks you have a Catch 22.
  Thinking-about
Download SleepyHead
Organize your Sleepyhead Charts
Posting Charts
Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
Mask Primer
Advisory Members serve as an "Advisory Committee" to help shape Apnea Board's rules & policies.

Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evora FFM Phantom Leaks psinderbrand 8 442 04-09-2024, 11:43 PM
Last Post: QT Pie
Question I'm back, tired, and hopeless. But is Bilevel the answer ?? weuw 83 5,382 03-23-2024, 08:16 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  OSCAR flow rate assessment -- mouth leaks, palatal prolapse? manders513 9 338 03-22-2024, 06:16 PM
Last Post: BigWing
  Help regarding managing leaks Strange54 0 139 03-09-2024, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Strange54
  Chin cushion for mouth leaks AReedy 9 557 02-25-2024, 09:38 PM
Last Post: AReedy
  Humidifier Chamber Leaks - Resmed 10 Old Mike 20 892 02-23-2024, 10:44 AM
Last Post: robbob2112
  [Treatment] Are leaks the problem or do I need BIPAP? TiredDude 3 373 02-22-2024, 07:52 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.