Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

[Equipment] Philips Respironics “System One”
Philips Respironics “System One”
Has anyone used this product before? Any reviews? Problems?

Thanks!
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: Philips Respironics “System One”
Welcome to the forum! While I personally know nothing about this machine, I do know some members have one, so am sure you will get some good replies shortly.
*I* am not a DOCTOR or any type of Health Care Professional.  My thoughts/suggestions/ideas are strictly only my opinions.

"Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you. Jesus Christ and the American Soldier. One died for your Soul, the other for your Freedom."
Post Reply Post Reply
"System One" is a design name used by Philllips-respironics. Under the System One design model you have various models. Each model offers various types of treatment for light to heavy sleep problems.

Look at it in a more familiar way. There's Ford. Ford offers different makes and models of cars. Each model offers various vehicles for the type of need (Trucks, station wagons, coupes, cars)

There now, ain't it clear as mud??!! Glad I could help..LOL

I had an old 560 auto that is no longer manufactured. It replaced my old Sullivan "brick" and was truly a great machine. It is now my backup.
Post Reply Post Reply
Hi annitax
Not all "System One" are data capable machines
You want avoiding model numbers below 460, model number shown at the bottom of the machine (remove water tank before checking)

Models and brands to avoid: http://www.apneaboard.com/wiki/index.php...ne_Choices

System One comparison guides http://www.healthcare.philips.com/asset....-guide.pdf

ResMed S9 series specification guide http://www.resmed.com/us/products/s9_ser...nc=dealers
Post Reply Post Reply
Dealing with respironics models confusing name game. You have to get the unit pined down by its model number. The 60 series are the latest . 460, 560 etc . Usually the higher number the better the machine and newer.

from secondwind
Respironics CPAP Overview

The DS100/DS150 is a standard CPAP machine that has basic functions, such as ramp and altitude adjustment.

The DS200/DS250/DS260 is the newest generation of the REMstar Plus with CFLEX. It has all the functions/features of its predecessor.

The DS400/DS450/DS460 differs from the DS200 in two very distinct ways: It automatically adjusts for altitude (DS200 is manual) and the Smart Card records very detailed information such as your *AHI (Apnea Hyponea Index), compliance data, leak rate data, etc. (the DS200 records only standard compliance data).

The DS500/DS510/DS550/DS560 The auto titration flow device will automatically adjust the pressure to provide you the least amount of pressure needed to keep your airway open enough to eliminate Apnea and Hypopnea episodes. This is the ideal machine for those individuals who have not been formally evaluted through a Sleep Study. This device also allows you to see view your *AHI.

Note: Approximately 80% of all individuals using CPAP therapy have a therapeutic pressure between 6-14cm h20. It is most probably the case that as time passes, and the auto titration technology becomes more affordable, all machines will have it as a basic option, as it provides the most accurate pressure for any given breath.

*Keeping track of your AHI is a good idea as it is a numeric representation of whether or not the pressure you use, is providing efficacious treatment.

Post Reply Post Reply
Hi annitax,
WELCOME! to the forum.!
I echo what has been said so far. All those different model numbers can get confusing, I know.
Best of luck to you with your CPAP therapy.
trish6hundred
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  NOTICE: Philips Discontinues Numerous Devices and Halts Dreamstation Sales in the U.S. WakeUpTime 48 3,840 Yesterday, 04:49 PM
Last Post: WakeUpTime
  Foam Removal - Philips System One peewee44 47 10,617 03-26-2024, 05:46 AM
Last Post: jojopuppyfish
  NOTICE: Philips Respironics Recall Replacement Tally RayBee 183 29,062 03-24-2024, 06:30 PM
Last Post: Phaleronic
Exclaimation [News] RECALL THREAD-- IMPORTANT PHILIPS DREAMSTATION & SYSTEM ONE USERS Sleeprider 2,961 352,175 03-20-2024, 02:21 PM
Last Post: btreger
  Is my Philips Remstar Pro System One working? alanbc 11 379 03-13-2024, 11:41 AM
Last Post: alanbc
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 299 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Where to send my philips REPLACEMENT machine Rice95 7 1,125 02-29-2024, 01:20 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.