Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

7th Night's Sleep... Best Yet
7th Night's Sleep... Best Yet
Hello,

I tinkered with my settings again last night before bed... trying to get it just right.  I feel really good. (no headache, brain fog, etc).  I'm just wondering if I 'really' slept good?

I see things that look odd to me, but being new, I have no idea how to interpret it all yet.

Is there anything odd or concerning happening, that I should be worried about according to my charts?

Why are there 3 sleep sessions?  Did I take my mask off at some point, because I don't remember waking up for anything...

Thanks for any help!!
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 7th Night's Sleep... Best Yet
I'm not that familiar with Dreamstation, but overall you seem to be getting excellent results. It is possible that your minimum could be set slightly lower, but if it is not uncomfortable, then it sure seems to be working.
Post Reply Post Reply
This is excellent. There are a few series of RERA that probably resulted in arousals, but with nearly 9-hours, this should be pretty restful sleep, even with a couple breaks. With the increase in minimum pressure, your machine is not varying a lot during the night, so that usually works best for most of us, compared to wild pressure swings that can be disruptive.

You can make that chart look nearly perfect by turning off the VS2 events. They don't have much meaning and can be disregarded as events. Well done!
Sleeprider
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com

Organize your OSCAR Charts
Attaching Files
Mask Primer
How To Deal With Equipment Supplier

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 07:59 AM)Ron AKA Wrote: I'm not that familiar with Dreamstation, but overall you seem to be getting excellent results. It is possible that your minimum could be set slightly lower, but if it is not uncomfortable, then it sure seems to be working.

Thanks Ron AKA,

I turned my minimum UP because lower than that and I felt like I was beginning to suffocate... I needed more air and it is very comfortable.
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 08:02 AM)Sleeprider Wrote: This is excellent. There are a few series of RERA that probably resulted in arousals, but with nearly 9-hours, this should be pretty restful sleep, even with a couple breaks.  With the increase in minimum pressure, your machine is not varying a lot during the night, so that usually works best for most of us, compared to wild pressure swings that can be disruptive.

You can make that chart look nearly perfect by turning off the VS2 events.  They don't have much meaning and can be disregarded as events.  Well done!

Thank YOU!!!!

Yes, I do feel 'well rested' for once... YAY!!!

**I will turn off the VS2... I remember you telling me to do that the other day.. I just forgot.

Thank you so so much, for all your input, knowledge and help... I've missed out on years of good sleep and now I finally feel like I will be able to function again.  This board is the best!  I will for sure send in a Donation as well!! 

DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 08:07 AM)DreamBreather Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 07:59 AM)Ron AKA Wrote: I'm not that familiar with Dreamstation, but overall you seem to be getting excellent results. It is possible that your minimum could be set slightly lower, but if it is not uncomfortable, then it sure seems to be working.

Thanks Ron AKA,

I turned my minimum UP because lower than that and I felt like I was beginning to suffocate... I needed more air and it is very comfortable.

That makes sense. Some people don't like the pressure higher especially when they have just put the mask on and are awake. This does not seem to be the case with you. An option you could try to see if you like it or not is setting a ramp time and ramp start pressure. This may (or may not) make it more comfortable while going asleep. One option would be to set the ramp time at 10 minutes and a start ramp pressure at 7 cm. That would start you out at 7 cm and ramp you up to 9 cm at 10 minutes. If you don't set a start ramp pressure I believe it defaults to 4 cm and that might be too low, and you will feel short of air. I don't think there is any real theraputic value in a ramp, it is a just a comfort option, and only if it works for you.
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 11:43 AM)Ron AKA Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 08:07 AM)DreamBreather Wrote:

Thanks Ron AKA,

That makes sense. Some people don't like the pressure higher especially when they have just put the mask on and are awake. This does not seem to be the case with you. An option you could try to see if you like it or not is setting a ramp time and ramp start pressure. This may (or may not) make it more comfortable while going asleep. One option would be to set the ramp time at 10 minutes and a start ramp pressure at 7 cm. That would start you out at 7 cm and ramp you up to 9 cm at 10 minutes. If you don't set a start ramp pressure I believe it defaults to 4 cm and that might be too low, and you will feel short of air. I don't think there is any real theraputic value in a ramp, it is a just a comfort option, and only if it works for you.

Yeah, I did use the ramp function the 1st 2 nights... and then I read where someone said they just 'held their breath and turned on their machine'.  So, i tried holding my breath and that seemed to work better for me... I was automatically able to take the set pressure after doing just that alone.  

Ramp is a great function though... it's good they've incorporated that function.  But, I'm already used to the pressure, & don't need it any longer.

Thanks!!
DreamBreather  Coffee
Post Reply Post Reply
(03-29-2018, 11:55 AM)DreamBreather Wrote:
(03-29-2018, 08:07 AM)DreamBreather Wrote: Yeah, I did use the ramp function the 1st 2 nights... and then I read where someone said they just 'held their breath and turned on their machine'.  So, i tried holding my breath and that seemed to work better for me... I was automatically able to take the set pressure after doing just that alone.  Ramp is a great function though... it's good they've incorporated that function.  But, I'm already used to the pressure, & don't need it any longer.

I think the often overlooked secret to making the ramp work is the ramp start pressure. I suspect many leave it at the default 4 cm, and some machines like the F&P I am using on trial force you to start at 4 cm. For many that is too low. But, if your preferred start pressure is the same as your minimum treatment pressure then there is no value in using the ramp. 
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Split night sleep study Bwanajohn51 0 68 03-20-2024, 01:07 PM
Last Post: Bwanajohn51
  [Treatment] Request for Sleep Data review compared to Sleep Study thesingingchef 2 166 03-14-2024, 05:14 PM
Last Post: thesingingchef
  adding sleep report (Wondering whether changing sleep position can "cure" apnea) NewlyDiagnosed 1 209 02-26-2024, 10:19 PM
Last Post: BoxcarPete
Surprised 20 minutes recorded for full night's sleep Deborah K. 10 597 01-06-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: Sleeprider
  [Pressure] Can't get a good night sleep no matter what. Please help mrsleepyhead2001 1 409 11-24-2023, 01:19 PM
Last Post: gainerfull
  Inconsistent Sleep Patterns and Confusing Sleep Studies - Please Review mperry99 17 1,362 10-14-2023, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mperry99
  Waking Every Night After Only 3-4 Hours Sleep upsman 6 903 08-06-2023, 07:04 PM
Last Post: upsman

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.