Machine: resmed S9 VPAP Auto
Mask Type: Nasal mask
Mask Make & Model: Wisp and Silicone Head gear
Humidifier: resmed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18/8
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Sex: Undisclosed

This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Windows 8 (among other things). If you don't want to update to Windows 8.1, there isn't a way to stop it that I am aware of. I tried.

At any rate, my scanner was working just fine but now it will not scan but one page at a time even though it was set up to scan multiple pages to one file. I tried to find out what the issue is. I looked at the hardware and it doesn't show my scanner but it does show my printer and mouse, etc.

I can force the scanner to work but not as it is supposed to and I have documents that need to be scanned and emailed and it is critical that this get done a week ago.

Then I went to find and fix problems with devices and got this message: "There is a problem with the IWD BUS ENUMERATOR but it doesn't fix it.

Anyone else have this problem and if so, how did you fix it?
05-26-2015 12:23 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Machine: ResMed VPAP Auto (S9)
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Mirage Quattro
Humidifier: ResMed H5i
CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: 8.1
(05-26-2015 12:23 AM)me50 Wrote:  This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Windows 8 (among other things). If you don't want to update to Windows 8.1, there isn't a way to stop it that I am aware of. I tried.

At any rate, my scanner was working just fine but now it will not scan but one page at a time even though it was set up to scan multiple pages to one file. I tried to find out what the issue is. I looked at the hardware and it doesn't show my scanner but it does show my printer and mouse, etc.

I can force the scanner to work but not as it is supposed to and I have documents that need to be scanned and emailed and it is critical that this get done a week ago.

Then I went to find and fix problems with devices and got this message: "There is a problem with the IWD BUS ENUMERATOR but it doesn't fix it.

Seems you're not the only one.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Th...-p/1270895
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht081104

However, I do not think this is the problem with your scanner.

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 10:21 AM by justMongo.)
05-26-2015 10:19 AM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

(05-26-2015 10:19 AM)justMongo Wrote:  
(05-26-2015 12:23 AM)me50 Wrote:  This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Windows 8 (among other things). If you don't want to update to Windows 8.1, there isn't a way to stop it that I am aware of. I tried.

Seems you're not the only one.
https://forums.lenovo.com/t5/X-Series-Th...-p/1270895
http://support.lenovo.com/us/en/documents/ht081104

However, I do not think this is the problem with your scanner.

Yea, I read some of those posts and I don't think it is my scanner either. I do think that this IWD bus enumerator has caused my scanner not to work properly. I found a way to work around the scanner issue. The irritating part is that my laptop is under warranty and I am not getting the service I paid for so it looks like I will either have to go to the top dog and/or the better business bureau about that part.

I uninstalled the extra IDW that was on my laptop. I know that my scanner should show up where the printer, mouse, etc. show up but it isn't there. The scanner worked great until the involuntary upgrade to 8.1. The service department where I bought all of this equipment says that the scanner is ancient and I am laughing my butt off. The only thing ANCIENT is my almost 20 year old printer that still works perfectly. The scanner is 3 years old at the most. The laptop is 1 year old. Yep, they both are probably obsolete to a certain extent as changes are made as quickly as new models come out but they are by no means ANCIENT! this is the same service department that transferred all the data from the old lap top to the new laptop and then didn't give us the hard drive back.

I do think it will be the last I buy from them.

I have a Fujitsu and have always liked them. Prior to that, we had an ACER that was given as a gift and it was okay, did what computers do but wasn't the best.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 11:32 AM by me50.)
05-26-2015 11:27 AM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

Seems like it should show up in Device Manager under Imaging Devices.
Remember, I'm on Win 7. I feel Win 8 is just another Vista.

Can you reinstall the scanner driver?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
05-26-2015 12:06 PM
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

i did reinstall the driver and the scanner was back where the devices are. It still won't let me scan multiple pages to a PDF file except when I do the work around because I don't have time right now to try to fix it normally. Maybe the fix for the IWD Bus will fix it but I have to meet a deadline and have to move forward with that and will work on fixes later.
(This post was last modified: 05-26-2015 12:41 PM by me50.)
05-26-2015 12:39 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
Homerec130 Offline

Advisory Members

Machine: Philips/Resperonics BiPAP auto SV Advanced System One (950P)
Mask Make & Model: ResMed Quatro FX
Humidifier: Philips Respironics System 1
CPAP Pressure: 6-16

Other Comments: But it is a dry heat.

I fixed most of my 8.1 issues on my Lenovo IdeaPad laptop by upgrading to Win 7 (don't remember what flavor). Had all sorts of issues getting stuff to work correctly, especially in 2 year old all-in-one HP printer. Got it to work fine under Win 7. Then one of the recent updates that Comcast just pushed to my modem just killed that so I am working on the process of getting it reconfigured. Printer is networked (wired) to the router and the laptop sees it, but can't print.

I am debating if I want to jump to 10 or not as the laptop is not my primary system, but something to play with when watching TV in the other room and to check our church's slide shows after building them on the Mac.
05-26-2015 12:52 PM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

I'll stick with 7 until MS releases 'SP1' for 10.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-26-2015 01:59 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
me50 Offline

Advisory Members

Other Comments:

i wouldn't change from win 7 if you have it. wish I still had it but the new laptop came with win 8 and when it wants to update, you update with no choices. i heard win 10 will have an option to update or not. i did find a place in win 8 where you can tell it not to update but not sure if it works or not or any details about it. just found it the other day and the service dept. didn't even know about it.
05-26-2015 02:06 PM
AlanE Online

Advisory Members

Machine: ResMed AirSense 10 Autoset
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: P10 & Mirage Liberty backup
Humidifier: Built-in
CPAP Pressure: 10-14
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead

Other Comments: ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ So Long, and Thanks for All the Fish

You should be able to change the settings in WU to never check or download but prompt to install at least. Forcing updates would cause me to upgrade 8 to 7. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie
05-26-2015 02:42 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
justMongo Offline

Monitors

(05-26-2015 02:42 PM)AlanE Wrote:  You should be able to change the settings in WU to never check or download but prompt to install at least. Forcing updates would cause me to upgrade 8 to 7. Smile

On W7, I'm setup to notify; but do not download or install.
I do that mostly because I don't want my bandwidth tied up at a critical time.

I intensely hate W8. It's like buying a car only to find they moved the location of major controls, like the brake pedal being in the back seat.

05-26-2015 03:39 PM