Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(05-26-2015, 03:39 PM)justMongo Wrote: I intensely hate W8. It's like buying a car only to find they moved the location of major controls, like the brake pedal being in the back seat.

Which is why I am still anxiously anticipating the arrival of W9.

Post Reply Post Reply
I heard 9 made goats pregnant so they just went ahead and skipped to 10.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Yep, no 9 and the next will be 10
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-26-2015, 06:30 PM)me50 Wrote: Yep, no 9 and the next will be 10

.......nope.................... I'm holding out for 9.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 06:54 PM)retired_guy Wrote: .......nope.................... I'm holding out for 9.

I'll scratch the "5" off a Windows 95 CD and send it to you.DielaughingLaugh-a-lot
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 07:18 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 06:54 PM)retired_guy Wrote: .......nope.................... I'm holding out for 9.

I'll scratch the "5" off a Windows 95 CD and send it to you.DielaughingLaugh-a-lot

I will take it IF you get rid of the 5 and make the 9 look like a 7! lol

I really wish I had win 7 back! I have never liked win 8 and I don't like it any better today even though I have adjusted to it!
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-26-2015, 07:59 PM)me50 Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 07:18 PM)justMongo Wrote:

I really wish I had win 7 back! I have never liked win 8 and I don't like it any better today even though I have adjusted to it!

You can still buy Windows 7 OEM from Newegg. But, you'll have to do a clean install.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 08:03 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 07:59 PM)me50 Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 07:18 PM)justMongo Wrote: I'll scratch the "5" off a Windows 95 CD and send it to you.DielaughingLaugh-a-lot

You can still buy Windows 7 OEM from Newegg. But, you'll have to do a clean install.

yep and that is the problem because I have critical info that I can't do a clean install just yet. Plus, I just don't want to spend the money on win 7 when there will come a time that it won't be supported anymore. I just have to tuf it out. I can wish though. I really liked win 7 and will always dislike win 8. i don't like having to pay for office either that I didn't have to pay for with win 7 (could have been a bundled deal that I was not aware of)
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 08:33 PM)me50 Wrote: yep and that is the problem because I have critical info that I can't do a clean install just yet. Plus, I just don't want to spend the money on win 7 when there will come a time that it won't be supported anymore. I just have to tuf it out. I can wish though. I really liked win 7 and will always dislike win 8. i don't like having to pay for office either that I didn't have to pay for with win 7 (could have been a bundled deal that I was not aware of)

That's why I stick with this machine. I have software that I'd have to pay for again -- and I am in the middle of many things. I have a superior machine that I built that has two 1TB SSDs that boots so fast the windows flag does not form.

MS and Adobe are all trying to get to a cloud based model where the user pays monthly. They want a continuous revenue stream. If they push hard, they'll lost to the Open OS's and Office versions.
Post Reply Post Reply

Same here. Too many programs. I may end up doing a P2V on this computer so I can continue using them. According to MS, 7 (and 8.1) will have a free upgrade to 10. I have another computer sitting on my floor with 7 on it waiting for that.

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply