Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(05-27-2015, 06:13 AM)AlanE Wrote: Same here. Too many programs. I may end up doing a P2V on this computer so I can continue using them. According to MS, 7 (and 8.1) will have a free upgrade to 10. I have another computer sitting on my floor with 7 on it waiting for that.

To me a P2V is an aircraft. A "Neptune" capable of flying low; and used for Anti-Submarine Warfare. Several were outfitted by Lockheed for TRIM (Trails, Roads Interdiction Mission) in Vietnam. Trials were at PAX River. The Navy lost one. Never found the crew.
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
(05-26-2015, 12:23 AM)me50 Wrote: This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Windows 8 (among other things). If you don't want to update to Windows 8.1, there isn't a way to stop it that I am aware of. I tried.

You just need to apply this patch and then it stops doing things you don't want. Cool

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 09:09 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 08:33 PM)me50 Wrote: yep and that is the problem because I have critical info that I can't do a clean install just yet. Plus, I just don't want to spend the money on win 7 when there will come a time that it won't be supported anymore. I just have to tuf it out. I can wish though. I really liked win 7 and will always dislike win 8. i don't like having to pay for office either that I didn't have to pay for with win 7 (could have been a bundled deal that I was not aware of)

That's why I stick with this machine. I have software that I'd have to pay for again -- and I am in the middle of many things. I have a superior machine that I built that has two 1TB SSDs that boots so fast the windows flag does not form.

MS and Adobe are all trying to get to a cloud based model where the user pays monthly. They want a continuous revenue stream. If they push hard, they'll lost to the Open OS's and Office versions.

well, I would still have win 7 if the old laptop that we got as a gift didn't crap out. had to replace it and win 8 was on the laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-27-2015, 06:13 AM)AlanE Wrote: Same here. Too many programs. I may end up doing a P2V on this computer so I can continue using them. According to MS, 7 (and 8.1) will have a free upgrade to 10. I have another computer sitting on my floor with 7 on it waiting for that.

just curious why you would want to get rid of or replace win 7
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't necessarily want to get rid of 7 but because of my work I need to be stay up to date on the latest OS. Although we won't upgrade until 7 EOLs and y'all will be cussing Windows 14. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Alan, with 10, 7 will be a goner for sure. That's why I'm waiting for W9.
Post Reply Post Reply

I share a dislike for windows 8 and windows 8.1. Truly an embarrassment to Microsoft. I have gone to Mac OSX with both Windows and Linux in VMs. I also have dedicated Linux laptops. Have to use Win2kR2 server at work - feels like the stupid thing was designed for a touch screen!!
Post Reply Post Reply
There won't be a Windows 9 because 7 8 9.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:00 PM)archangle Wrote: There won't be a Windows 9 because 7 8 9.

Big GrinnieSHa_clap2Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply