Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

(05-27-2015, 06:13 AM)AlanE Wrote: Same here. Too many programs. I may end up doing a P2V on this computer so I can continue using them. According to MS, 7 (and 8.1) will have a free upgrade to 10. I have another computer sitting on my floor with 7 on it waiting for that.

To me a P2V is an aircraft. A "Neptune" capable of flying low; and used for Anti-Submarine Warfare. Several were outfitted by Lockheed for TRIM (Trails, Roads Interdiction Mission) in Vietnam. Trials were at PAX River. The Navy lost one. Never found the crew.
[Image: pBt22Od.jpg]
Post Reply Post Reply
Cool 
(05-26-2015, 12:23 AM)me50 Wrote: This is one thing that I absolutely cannot stand about Windows 8 (among other things). If you don't want to update to Windows 8.1, there isn't a way to stop it that I am aware of. I tried.

You just need to apply this patch and then it stops doing things you don't want. Cool

Terry
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-26-2015, 09:09 PM)justMongo Wrote:
(05-26-2015, 08:33 PM)me50 Wrote: yep and that is the problem because I have critical info that I can't do a clean install just yet. Plus, I just don't want to spend the money on win 7 when there will come a time that it won't be supported anymore. I just have to tuf it out. I can wish though. I really liked win 7 and will always dislike win 8. i don't like having to pay for office either that I didn't have to pay for with win 7 (could have been a bundled deal that I was not aware of)

That's why I stick with this machine. I have software that I'd have to pay for again -- and I am in the middle of many things. I have a superior machine that I built that has two 1TB SSDs that boots so fast the windows flag does not form.

MS and Adobe are all trying to get to a cloud based model where the user pays monthly. They want a continuous revenue stream. If they push hard, they'll lost to the Open OS's and Office versions.

well, I would still have win 7 if the old laptop that we got as a gift didn't crap out. had to replace it and win 8 was on the laptop.
Post Reply Post Reply

(05-27-2015, 06:13 AM)AlanE Wrote: Same here. Too many programs. I may end up doing a P2V on this computer so I can continue using them. According to MS, 7 (and 8.1) will have a free upgrade to 10. I have another computer sitting on my floor with 7 on it waiting for that.

just curious why you would want to get rid of or replace win 7
Post Reply Post Reply
I don't necessarily want to get rid of 7 but because of my work I need to be stay up to date on the latest OS. Although we won't upgrade until 7 EOLs and y'all will be cussing Windows 14. Smile

Using FlashAir W-03 SD card in machine. Access through wifi with FlashPAP or Sleep Master utilities.

I wanted to learn Binary so I enrolled in Binary 101. I seemed to have missed the first four courses. Big Grinnie

Post Reply Post Reply
Sorry Alan, with 10, 7 will be a goner for sure. That's why I'm waiting for W9.
Post Reply Post Reply

I share a dislike for windows 8 and windows 8.1. Truly an embarrassment to Microsoft. I have gone to Mac OSX with both Windows and Linux in VMs. I also have dedicated Linux laptops. Have to use Win2kR2 server at work - feels like the stupid thing was designed for a touch screen!!
Post Reply Post Reply
There won't be a Windows 9 because 7 8 9.
Get the free SleepyHead software here.
Useful links.
Click here for information on the main alternative to CPAP.
If it's midnight and a DME tells you it's dark outside, go and check it yourself.
Post Reply Post Reply
(05-27-2015, 10:00 PM)archangle Wrote: There won't be a Windows 9 because 7 8 9.

Big GrinnieSHa_clap2Whistle
SuperSleeper
Apnea Board Administrator
www.ApneaBoard.com

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.

Post Reply Post Reply