CPAP Pressure: 18 IPAPmax - 11 EPAPmin, PS=5
CPAP Software: Other Software

Other Comments: μολὼν λαβέ

Sex: Male

RE: 9.2.1 IOS update didn't work
I'm new to the iPhone...
How do you stop IOS updates.
And how do you backup? To iCloud?

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
01-23-2016 11:20 AM
Find all posts by this user Post Reply Quote this message in a reply

Donate to Apnea Board
Sleeprider Online
Wiki Editor
Advisory Members

Machine: Resmed Aircurve 10 Vauto
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: Resmed Airfit P10
Humidifier: Resmed Climateline
CPAP Pressure: Auto Bilevel 18/9, PS 3
CPAP Software: ResScan SleepyHead EncoreBasic

Other Comments:

JM updates are automatically fed to your device, but you have to approve the update and log-in to your device and iTunes to install it. If you don't want an update, just decline to install it. It will nag you, but you can always decline.

Backups are in Settings. You can set your device to backup to iCloud or a computer. It's a really good idea to have a current backup so you can always restore contacts, apps, photos etc. iCloud provides 5 GB of space free, so as long as you don't have a lot of photos, it can be free, or fairly low cost. It's secure and you won't lose any content due to a lost or broken phone or device. It also can sync between a phone and tablet or other devices. Just go to Settings/Backup, and turn on iCloud backup. The rest is automatic.

01-23-2016 03:48 PM
pupcamper Online

Advisory Members

Machine: PR DreamStation CPAP Pro
Mask Type: Nasal pillows
Mask Make & Model: AirFit P10 Pillows; Quatro Air FFM
Humidifier: DreamStation Heated Humidifier
CPAP Pressure: 10.5 cmH2O; no ramp; no C-Flex
CPAP Software: SleepyHead EncorePro

Other Comments: Lung cancer survivor since 11/2004; CPAP since 11/2015

(01-23-2016 11:20 AM)justMongo Wrote:  I'm new to the iPhone...
How do you stop IOS updates.
And how do you backup? To iCloud?

Congratulations on your new iPhone.
Why don't you want to install the updates? They usually contain important security updates. I prefer to install updates through iTunes on my computer instead of over the air through the device. It has been my experience that I have less trouble that way. As Sleepfider told you, your device automatically downloads the updates and then nags you to approve the update. You can stop the notifications by doing the following:
1. Go to to the General tab in the settings app.
2. Scroll down to Storage and iCloud Usage (it might just say Storage on your device) and click on Manage Storage.
3. Let the list fully load and search for the iOS update that has been downloaded. It should be listed something like iOS"version number"update where version number is the version of the update. Delete the update file. Keep in mind that Apple will download the update to your device periodically or when a new update comes out. You will have follow this procedure again. It doesn't remove the red notification on the Settings app icon.

Being a belt and suspenders kid of guy I keep auto backup to iCloud set up in the device and periodically (whenever I make setting changes or add apps) hook my devices to the computer and update to the computer through iTunes, with the Encript local local backup box checked. This lets iTunes backup passwords and other important settings. I also click backup apps when prompted when I click Back Up Now. Using an encrypted backup through iTunes to restore your device can save a lot of time if you have a problem or get a new device. You just have to remember to backup to the computer when you make critical changes to your device.

I also sync my devices automatically to iTunes on my computer via wifi every night. iTunes has to be running and the computer turned on.

"....respiration,—a troublesome practice, but one which custom has rendered necessary to our easy existence...." Oliver Twist, Charles Dickens- 1837

I use FlashPAP to load data from a FlashAir III wifi sd card in my machine to my computer and display it with SleepyHead .
robysue's Beginner's Guide to SleepyHead
01-23-2016 07:51 PM

Donate to Apnea Board
YankeesNYC Offline

Members

Machine: Fisher
Mask Type: Full face mask
Mask Make & Model: unsure
Humidifier: unsure
CPAP Pressure: 14
CPAP Software: SleepyHead

Other Comments:

Stay on 9.0.1 then you can have a jailbreak
02-22-2016 10:14 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread: Author Replies: Views: Last Post
  It's Windows update Tuesday justMongo 8 1,100 02-10-2016 07:04 PM
Last Post: AlanE
  Sysinternals Suite update (Windows) AlanE 1 378 01-12-2016 07:38 PM
Last Post: DariaVader
  [News] Melatonin and Exercise Work Against Alzheimer's ApneaNews 0 863 12-14-2012 03:44 PM
Last Post: ApneaNews