Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

9 year olds uncontrolled apneas on bipap
RE: 9 year olds uncontrolled apneas on bipap
(01-08-2021, 03:53 PM)SarcasticDave94 Wrote: I am curious to see the proposed settings and OSCAR results.

BTW if nobody from your side of the pond has mentioned, any mask that works on CPAP can work ASV/PaceWave as long as it's well suited to the user's facial features, size mainly, and that nearly leak free or I should say leak controlled is completely fine for an ASV/PW. So if your daughter has a favorite mask from the past, it should be fine still. Saying because some medical support personnel tell new ASV/PW users that X mask can't handle ASV duty. No it is fine.

She has a full face one for the last while and she either has none or just a tiny pinch of a leak. So it’s great and she loves it. We went through a few to find this one and it’s the best we’ve tried.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  
I’m also gonna wait a few days and check her Oscar results. I’m curious too to see the difference now. I’d say it’ll be dramatically different because her Ahi’s unbelievably amazing!
To say I was shocked this morning is an understatement!
Post Reply Post Reply
OK that sounds very promising. If you've got any questions feel free to ask it.
Dave

OSCAR
Standard OSCAR Chart Order
Mask Primer
Dealing With A DME
Soft Cervical Collar Wiki
INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEBSITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
Nicola great to read I am in England so not far from you and I would in normal times be commuting to Dublin every other week I am so glad your daughter is doing well on this machine. As others have said any questions or worries pop back here and ask.
Post Reply Post Reply

Donate to Apnea Board  

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Treatment] Oscar data help bipap Moemah123 15 268 01-22-2021, 05:13 PM
Last Post: Moemah123
  How long are your apneas? martyedb 5 236 01-14-2021, 11:59 AM
Last Post: martyedb
  Can BiPAP therapy cause dry mouth? BobbieM 5 251 01-02-2021, 11:45 PM
Last Post: Karlin
  Happy new year from France Camera Obscura 4 120 01-01-2021, 01:51 PM
Last Post: Dormeo
  Please help! I don't know what else to try with BiPAP (UARS) tiredmikey 15 639 12-16-2020, 06:35 PM
Last Post: sheepless
  [Equipment] Changing bipap device? Moemah123 17 402 12-09-2020, 12:32 PM
Last Post: emmylouwho
Ohmy [CPAP] Central/Open Airway Apneas while going to sleep? dcsleep 10 439 12-09-2020, 10:12 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.