Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

90 day update
Good job on the graph.  The timeline begins in a hypopnea, that then has some normal looking breaths and trails off into what appears to be CA where we can see the FOT oscillation. What we can see from this snap shot is that your respiration is normal with longer expiration than inspiration. The inhales are everythin from where the line rises above zero, until it drops back to zero. Exhale is from the moment it drops below zero, and includes the zero flow along the horizontal zero flow line until a distinct inhale occurs again.  We can see some irregularities in the flow line, and this is throwing off the machine.

Notice at 03:37:55 how the mask pressure becomes jagged?  In fact, for every breath here, the mask pressure does not really settle in at EPAP bit wavers.   What ever is going on with that ragged exhale, it really confuses the machine.   With all the CA evens I see, and the rather poor tracking of the machine for IPAP/EPAP, I would just turn off EPR, but if you find it comfortable it's not hurting anything.  The point is, you don't really have an unusual I:E ratio, the machine just takes the first increase after exhale and labels that as start of inspiration.

[Image: ukyqCTR.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Since we got into this discussion, let me add, there is nothing you can do about it. The machine gets confused because you have such a long zero-flow at the end of expiration. That may not be typical for you since it looks like hypopnea.  Here is my chart and as you can see, it is much easier for the machine to 'know' when inhale begins and ends.

[Image: XU12agGh.png]
Post Reply Post Reply
Ok. Thx sleeprider for all your help! I guess I'll just ditch the epr then as it can't help.
Post Reply Post Reply

I can't say if it helps or not, but it is not able to work as designed with the irregular breathing pattern in that brief screenshot. It might be different at other times of the night. I think it's fine to experiment with different EPR settings including off, but if you try something, stick with it a couple days so you can establish a baseline
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  An update on my ASV use Shift Worker 1 100 10-05-2017, 10:06 AM
Last Post: Sleeprider
Thumbsup Update on my partner recently diagnosed. yazwayne 3 205 09-20-2017, 07:42 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Update on my Journey with Apnea & POTS BrassCat 3 182 09-01-2017, 03:32 PM
Last Post: srlevine1
  Battery pack update.. Ockrocket 30 1,696 06-21-2017, 09:26 PM
Last Post: personal111
  AHI update pogosix 3 291 05-01-2017, 08:35 PM
Last Post: trish6hundred
  Vertigo/CPAP Pressure Update- CPAP causing inner ear problems SuperSleeper 72 73,990 04-11-2017, 10:48 AM
Last Post: Newbee2016
  Update UKwildcatfan 26 857 03-09-2017, 07:14 PM
Last Post: rafairchild2