Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

95% seems high
95% seems high
I have attached last night's screen shot. It shows that my pressure was at 10 for 95% of the time. Yet when I look at the pressure chart it doesn't look like 95%.
Am I missing something?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 95% seems high
It means 95% or LESS of the time not just 95%. If you want to see how much time you spent at a certain pressure look at the time at pressure graph.
Post Reply Post Reply
95% means that 95% of your pressure recordings were at 10 or less. It is a statistical definition.

Watch your flow limits as they are driving your pressure. So my question to you is How do you feel? Please provide a critical evaluation.
Post Reply Post Reply
Another question. I have min pressure at 7 and max pressure at 10 with EPR at 3.
In the statistics section why does min pressure show as 3.72 and Min EPAP show as 3.70?
Note this is the new Resmed AS 11.
Post Reply Post Reply
Quite possibly, the Resmed reported a pressure prior to coming up to full speed.
Crimson Nape
Apnea Board Moderator
www.ApneaBoard.com
Attaching Images and Files on Apnea Board
Apnea Helpful Tips

INFORMATION ON APNEA BOARD FORUMS OR ON APNEABOARD.COM SHOULD NOT BE CONSIDERED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. ALWAYS SEEK THE ADVICE OF A PHYSICIAN BEFORE SEEKING TREATMENT FOR MEDICAL CONDITIONS, INCLUDING SLEEP APNEA. INFORMATION POSTED ON THE APNEA BOARD WEB SITE AND FORUMS ARE PERSONAL OPINION ONLY AND NOT NECESSARILY A STATEMENT OF FACT.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 03:27 PM)Deweym Wrote: Another question. I have min pressure at 7 and max pressure at 10 with EPR at 3.
In the statistics section why does min pressure show as 3.72 and Min EPAP show as 3.70?
Note this is the new Resmed AS 11.

I've been seeing this with my AS 11 also.  With a min pressure at 9, there is often 1-2 seconds at the beginning of the session that starts well below 9.  While sometimes the first reading is right at 9, often it starts at ~7 and then comes up to 9 over 1-2 seconds.  It sometimes also starts at 0, getting up to 9 in about 2 seconds.

So as Nape said, I think it is just a matter of the AS11 starting to record pressure data before the blower has fully come up to speed.
Post Reply Post Reply
If you zoom to just the first fifteen seconds on the left side of the pressure chart, you can see when it reaches your minimum set pressure. Please report that time back here. We have been adjusting the delay time; at one point it was 40 seconds, then it was zero seconds; now it is 10 seconds. I thought that would be enough time...
Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
(11-13-2021, 08:59 PM)pholynyk Wrote: If you zoom to just the first fifteen seconds on the left side of the pressure chart, you can see when it reaches your minimum set pressure. Please report that time back here. We have been adjusting the delay time; at one point it was 40 seconds, then it was zero seconds; now it is 10 seconds. I thought that would be enough time...

Here's the start of a session where min pressure was set at 10, but min was reported as 8.30:

Here's one where the min pressure was set at 10, but min reported as 8.12:

Do those help?  I can provide more examples, or formatted differently as needed -- just let me know what you need.
Post Reply Post Reply

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Phillips Dreamstation 2 High Disconnects mrsleepyhead2001 2 128 03-22-2024, 04:20 PM
Last Post: mrsleepyhead2001
  [Pressure] ASV pressure too high. Please Help Mosleepy 27 710 03-21-2024, 10:13 AM
Last Post: SarcasticDave94
  Oscar Charts: Interrupted sleep with high heart rate xaid 1 109 03-19-2024, 08:15 AM
Last Post: G. Szabo
  Recently started CPAP -- very high proportion of Clear Airway Events matt2 0 121 03-17-2024, 02:48 PM
Last Post: matt2
  COSA, hypoxemia, AFIB, high BP, polycythemia, and CBTI? Motorheadrulz 45 4,435 03-16-2024, 11:21 AM
Last Post: Motorheadrulz
  Stumbled into amazing fix for my high ahi Lanners 2 218 03-09-2024, 11:15 AM
Last Post: kkjacks
  High Pressures - Inflammation of the CV system? MrIvanDrago 5 301 03-05-2024, 07:14 PM
Last Post: G. Szabo

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.