Hello Guest, Welcome to Apnea Board !
As a guest, you are limited to certain areas of the board and there are some features you can't use.
To post a message, you must create a free account using a valid email address.

or Create an Account

99.5% or Max
99.5% or Max
Just moved up to latest OSCAR. I saw in the daily stats page the 'MAX" column is now labeled "99.5%". The OSCAR page shows the change:

• [fix] Statistics headings will now be 99.5% or Max, depending on machine type and preference settings.
I have an Airsense 10 and can't change the setting in preferences. My question: 

In previous versions of OSCAR was the value under MAX really 99.5% because that what the machine reports or am I actually getting a slightly different metric with the new OSCAR. That is was the previous MAX really a max value and now in the new version it's actually a 99.5% value. 

Curious mind just wants to understand the change. Thanks.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 99.5% or Max
(11-13-2021, 05:40 PM)MikeE3 Wrote: In previous versions of OSCAR was the value under MAX really 99.5% because that what the machine reports or am I actually getting a slightly different metric with the new OSCAR. 

The number reported by ResMed has always been 99.5%. The column was mislabelled "MAX" and we have changed the column label to "99.5%" to reflect what the numbers actually are.

For machines that actually report a maximum and not a 99.5% value, the column label will be "MAX."
Useful links
Download OSCAR (current version is 1.5.1)
Best way to organize charts
How to attach charts to your post

Apnea Board Monitors are members who help oversee the smooth functioning of the Board. They are also members of the Advisory Committee which helps shape Apnea Board's rules & policies. Membership in the Advisory Members group does not imply medical expertise or qualification for advising Sleep Apnea patients concerning their treatment.
Post Reply Post Reply
RE: 99.5% or Max
Thank you.
Post Reply Post Reply

About Apnea Board

Apnea Board is an educational web site designed to empower Sleep Apnea patients.